Putting a new set of eyelets on a rod

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BajaCoop, Dec 15, 2008.

1. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Anyone around here have any experience at putting a new set of guides on a rod.

I need to put some stainless guides on my catfish poles and was wondering what advice you guys had.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I would say make sure you double wrap for strength, and make yourself a simple V notched stand, easier to roll the rod, here is a place I get stuff from time to time, if you look around on the sight they have some "how to do" type videos that you can watch and repeat them to see. Mark you old eye position and try and go with the some size of foot on the eyes, I am not a custom builder for anyone but myself and they have all been UL finesse rods but I would think it is all pretty much the same ED.

http://www.mudhole.com/Learn-Rod-Building

3. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    If I were you I would take it to someone that knows how to do it right.I have seen it done before and it's a process.Bullseye Bait and Tackle in O'fallon does it.

4. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    any idea what they would charge?

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    ED its not a hard job at all just time cunsumming the link my friend Randy gave you also has vids watch them and you will be a pro in no time its not rocket science and it gives you a little satisfaction of knowing you are fishing with somthing you did your self if i can do it you can too if you need a little help hear and thear just drop me or Randy a line Randy does this as a hobbie as i do