Put the poles away or keep goin strong?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by blackout240, Nov 18, 2009.

1. blackout240

blackout240 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Despite all our bad luck with this catfishin in AZ, whats everyone elses input on the rest of this season?

2. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Me personally, I am pretty much putting my gear up for Flatheads, I am a die hard archery hunter, and December/January I hunt in TX for Hogs, AZ for Deer and Javelina. So I switch to trout fishing the Lower Salt River, and shooting carp with my bow, and pratice shooting my bow at distances.

3. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Alot depends on where you are at in AZ. if you live in warmer climates I would not put nothing away,just study where the best chances are and fish there or switch to channel cats or something,If I could open water fish year round you can bet I'd be out there as much as possible,but I have to switch over to ice fishing.

4. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    All the catfish gear is up as of now but all the bass and trout gear is coming out for sure!:big_smile:

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've just checked all the line on my rigs,,, checked for loose or damaged guides and tip tops,, restocked my tackle box, with weights, hooks, swivels, and cigars,,
    Sharpened all my knives...
    added another blanket or three to my sleeping system..
    In anticipation,,,,of the,,,,,, WINTER FLATHEAD SEASON....:big_smile::smile2::big_smile::wink::wink::wink::big_smile: LOL,

6. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    It don't never get cold enough to quit fishing for flats.I just go from nite fishing to day time fishing change things a little bit and keep catching them.

7. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    I agree 1000 percent, I don't care what time of year it is, if a flathead see's a carp or bluegill, he is going to eat it!

8. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    My odds of getting a new PB is greatly increased by having a line in the water anytime of year! I eat thru the winter so I figure the flats do too!

9. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    So I will probably be the only one to actually reply that the poles have been put away for the season.

For me it is a little different...the largest part is that it is in my blood. I grew up where the winter months don't produce much of anything because of the snow. I actually fish more frequently and later in the year now than I did as a kid. However, the poles still usually get stored away in mid November. The second reason is that I have to have everything tied down and covered for winter...being that I live in Northern Arizona. If I don't, the boat fills with snow and everything gets a lot messier.

Give me a few months of snow and I will be dying to get on the river or some body of water by March!!!

Ryan

10. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Here in Oklahoma theres alot of us that never really put our geer away, we fish inbetween the bad weather avoiding the frost bite and the hunters stray shots.
    Loop

11. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    The poles will come out once it warms up a little! But for now the waders and trout poles come out! And Robs bows!

12. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    You need a wood fire on your razzmacat tooncan .:smile2:

13. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    sorry .... :embarassed: cantoon:wink:

14. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    lmao!!! No Rob had some heaters and we took them out there last time and we could only keep it on for like 10 min at a time or we would have sweat to death!

15. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I'm with you on this loop..... Its all new to me now that I'm retired... so I won't be putting anything away..... got the salt water to fish locally... and then the rivers and lakes are 4-6 hrs away.... but thats just gas money...

Fishing and camping now... on the Colorado River at Blythe.... got to go some cattin soon.... as I have been just "hanging" with the wife and enjoying the good life..

Happy Holiday to everyone..... Bayrunner Ray