Put in at Weldon Springs Yesterday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by theonecatfishbob, Jan 27, 2007.

1. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    It was pretty cold when I got there. Low 20s i believe. My hands got pretty cold throwing for shad and i had neoprene gloves on. Thankfully it only took about 10 or 12 throws to get enough bait. It started out a little slow but then I hit them. I wound up catching 9. Most were around 4 to 6 lbs. Big fish was 25.5. I had a real nice day, especially when the sun finally got up enough to put out some heat. Pretty windy though.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Sounds like fun! Glad to hear somebody's catching them on the river.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thought about going but never did make it .Too many other things to do. Good to hear you had a productive day. Just where did you put in at Weldon Springs?Don't know too much about the Mo. River.

4. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    John, take 40 east to 94. Go south on 94 about 4 miles and the road will be on your left. There is a sign where you turn but it aint no billboard.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thanks Bob I know right where your talking about.Easy road to miss unless your looking for it.Was there once bank fishing with the boy.

6. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Way to go Bob, you also picked one of the better days weater wise, the temp. picked up good with the day and it sounds like the fishing followed it. How deep did you pick them up at?

7. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hi Mike. The biggest one and the smallest one came out of the same spot. They were in about 16 foot of water. The others came out of around 12 to 18 feet. It is hard to pinpoint the depth because they were in different parts of the hole and the hole wasnt much more than 25 or 30 yards across. It was a scour hole below a pile dike and it had a little current going through it.

8. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bob,
    Thanks for taking time tell us about you fishing trip. We fisher the day befour you trip close to the 110 mile marker on the Missouri. Couldnt net any bait. We fished all day and only cought a 26 in. 5lb sturgen, and a channel about 4-5 lb. that got off at the side of the boat. Two days befour we did get 2-5lbs. and one 2lb. c.cats.
    Take care Paul Lawrence ( Olddriller)

9. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Bob , Sounds like a good trip, and maybe the warmest one for a wile.
    Where did you net the shad? Below the Dikes in deep water?
    Thanks for all your info. Rob

10. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah Rob, below the wing dikes in calm water. It was about 15 feet friday. I get bait at that same dike very often. They move around the hole so you have to look for them but they have always been there so far.

11. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Congrats on the good day Bob and thanks for the information.