purple 6500c4

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bronco67, Nov 28, 2005.

1. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    I was looking at the catfish connection and saw they had a purple
    6500c4 the c4 comes in 6.3-1 gear ratio and this one is 5.3-1 and its purple does anybody know if there is a difference in parts or assembly. I am in the market for a new real and thought I would get the 6500c3 classic or the new 6500c4 in purple just so my stuff does not get :confused: with anybody i fish with. can a abu pull double duty in salt and fresh water and survive any info a + thanx in advance

2. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I've used my ambassadeurs in salt water,but you better keep them flushed out with fresh water and then when you get home tear them down and oil them good ,because salt water will screw one up in a mintue.If you wait to keep them you'll know it. :D

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i just got my cat connection holiday flyer today. it shows a 6500 violet c4 le baitcast. doesn't show the gear ratio.

also listed is a 5600c4 and it shows 6.3:1 gears. where did ya see the one ya saw. on thier website?

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jeremy, the violet reel is listed under abu garcia Baitcasters, it does not say Violet, but limited edition, it also has the new Carbon Matrix drag system

5. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    Hey cats4 saw it on the catfish connection s website and bought it , it was a tough decission but lower gear ratio 4 bearings plus the big power handle ,throw on 30 lb. flame green fireline and you will never mix your rod and your buddies rod up again, it is a very smooth reel and yes it does already have the carbon matrix drag did i mention its purple, tell yall how it does later gonna try it out tomarrow.

6. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    WENT out to local lake and tried my new abu c4le out caught a 6-8 pond channel lost about 5 don t know what happend started reeling felt the pull and then they where gone ,but man ohhh man is that reel smooth and it will cast a long way . I paired it with a 7 foot ugly cat medium heavy and love it, the drag is very smooth not jerkey at all . just thought yall would like to hear how it went.

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Before Shimano captured the market, the Abu 5000 and its brethern were THE light duty baitcaster for bay fishermen going after speckeled trout and redfish. But, as has been said, if you use the reel in saltwater, wash it off afterwards, tear it down,and oil it. Also, use Real Magic spray before fishing. It'll help some.