Punks siphoning gas!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Philiagorillia, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well today at work i just found out that a group of punk kids around 16-19 or so are running around my subdivision stealing gas out of peoples cars at night. A buddy i work with caught them just as they were gettin started on his truck saturday night, he identified two of them as kids that live in our subdivision and said they seemed like they wanted to challenge him before they ran. What is everyones take on this issue, i know if i catch them messing with my vehicles im most likely gonna tangle with them, it dosent seem like the parents wanna do anything about it. I figured if these boys are old enough to steal from a man, they can handle what i bring to them, but then again i dont want to get arrested for beating up a minor, so what am i to do? By time i call the police they will be long gone and i'll be short a tank of fuel. Only thing i can think to do is hit them with mace, because if i clobber some kid and ko him im going to jail lol...

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Phil, I dunno, but how about establishing a neighborhood watch in your sub?
    A team effort of watchers could deter alot of that sort of nonsense.
    Anybody around there have a paintball gun?
    Be kinda hard for the punks to hide once they get splattered :wink:
    Be careful!

Carolyn

3. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    Well thats another problem, we do have a watch program but nobody does anything about it. Most of the folks around here are elderly and wont go out and pursue them either, figured if i have too, i'll sneak out the back and follow them and see where they go and then go knockin on doors waking parents up and taking out on them...

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dont worry about age, if there about adult age and at night I doubt a LEO is gonna ask you if you ID them first before a arse whooping. Hey they swung first right? :wink: Self defense is not against the law.

5. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    first off when i was 15 i would steal gas to put in my uncles car i stoled to cruise for women next if they are 3 or 4 you might get some thing brought to you.i have grown up now and know it was wrong with many other things i did. they just having fun at our exspence and remember we was that cocky also

6. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    Thats the thing, im not worried about 3-4 of them trying to jump me, im well trained and in good shape, maybe if i catch them i could hit them with mace or something...

7. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    We had a couple of those punks last night kick in a door on a house about 3 miles from me, the owner was waiting inside with his 12 ga. shotgun, One shot and they were gone, said he thinks he hit one of them. The police said he was totally in the right. I keep a little sawed off surprise in my house too.

8. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    I definetly wont bring firearms into this at all. if they kicked in my door thats different. I just want to make them learn a lesson and think twice before stealing anothers stuff again.

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Cocky but never a thief, I grew up with morals. p.s. you would need a lot of gas with that hat! :roll_eyes: Just funning ya.

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i like the paint ball idea esp. if ya freeze the paint balls then they really sting, that would leave a nice black and blue welt, or option 2 would be a good beat down, i'd go with option 2 :wink:

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I wouldnt shoot someone unless they kick in my front door. Then its time to meat my little friend. :wink:

12. hookman571

hookman571 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Option 1: Locking Gas Cap from Auto Zone. Alot cheaper than lawyers.
    Option 2: Buy an old truck and empty the Gas Tank. Fill with sewage.
    Option 3: Buy an old truck and empty gas tank. Fill with water and
    about 6 OZ. of Gas.
    Option 4: Rotweiller tied to Bumper.

Teenagers are stupid. Gasoline theft is manegable. Home invasion is a different story. You are lucky you aren't living in Maryland.

13. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri

The locking gas cap sounds like the best idea, but there are ways to get those off still and knowing my luck i'll loose the key lol.

14. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    Very true, they arent that bold i guess, although we have had a few of the neighbors call the cops of several older men riding around the subdivison in a truck and looking into homes, that dosent sit well with me either...

15. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    we had some young kids doing the same thing around us, I got my son's paint ball marker and some pretty pink paint, at close range they make a nice welt,and the pink paint tends not to wash out real easy, also there car is now re painted too, I also use this on stray dogs and cats, owners think twice about leaving there pets rome free when they come home pink.

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Someone tried that here a couple months ago. I went out to find my gas cap and a piece of garden hose on the ground next to one of my trucks. They tried to get gas out of the back tank, which I never fill, and then they saw my $300 hammer drill in the truck so they stole that and ran.

17. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I don't know the difference if there is one . I would think pepper spray outta do the trick . Make sure you are upwind . If you hit them with the paintball next day spread the word so dad will be checking the clothes . Some parent's might not wanna discipline there children but if they are minors and are gonna be responsible for them they might try to curb it . I was young and dumb and did some things I should not have but when the parents found out I paid for it one way or another .

18. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Another good trick if you have an older model car is to toss a mothball in the tank you will know the thief from a mile away cause his lips will turn inside out.

19. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    I thought about that but then i also though about, what if i hit one in the eye, lawsuit city right there...

20. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am considering installing anti siphon attachments to my vehicles. There are several on the market.