Punch Baits

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by mwrmar4, May 12, 2006.

1. mwrmar4

mwrmar4 New Member

St. Louis is going through a week or more of rainy,cold, windy weather and I suspect water is dipping from a high of around 62...will punch baits work in this kind of weather or do I need to wait for warmer conditions?Thanks.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :0a25: :006: :0a17: FRIST OF ALLM WRMAR4 WELCOME TO THE CLUB. GOOD TO SEE ANOTHER ONE FROM MO. JOINING THE GREASTEST CATFISH CLUB GOING.
    AS FOR PUNCH BAIT I HAVEN'T HAD ANY LUCK WITH IT SINCE THE . WEATHER STARTED GETTING STUPID AGAIN. I'D SAY IT HAS TO BE A LITTLE BIT WARMER. BUT THATS JUST MY GUESS. THINK THIER HITTING MORE ON LIVE OR CUT BAIT RIGHT NOW. GOOD LUCK NOMATTER WHAT BAIT YOU USE. KEEP US POSTED ON HOW YOU DO DURING THE SUMMER. AND AGAIN WELCOME !!

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :big_smile: FORGOT TO TELL YOU TO GO IN AND CHECK OUT THE FORUM FOR MISSOURI.A LOT OF GOOD INFO IN IT. MIGHT HELP YOU GET YOUR ? ANSWERED BETTER.

4. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    In cooler water, the catfish's metabolism slows down. This means that they don't have to eat as much as they would if the water was warmer and their metabolism was higher. They will eat less so the odds of them eating something foreign to them, like dip bait, aren't as good as your odds if you used something natural, like cut bait.