Punch Bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Cherokee Rod Man, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    How do you guy's rate Danny King bait? I've ripped the channels on it, but never did any good on the Blues......:eek:oooh:

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i've got big tubs of it i use in the spring, do pretty good on it, mostly channels, but occasional blues as well, i like it, i never seen any since in changing, but i also use sonny's too though, both good baits

3. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    In the past I have used 4 or 5 of the 5 gallon tubs of DK's. It's a good bait, but now the formula has changed a little and it seems to be a little diminished. I've never used Sonny's but I have just begun using "Secret Seven" bait. It's results on the hook beats DK's hands down.

Several people say that DK's will catch blues, but that's not my experience. The blues that come into my boat are caught on cut shad or skipjack. The DK's is a channelcat bait bar none.

4. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    No doubt, I've only caught a couple of blues on the stuff,& 1 flathead [I think he was starvin to death] :eek:oooh: It's for sure a channel bait....I'll have to try that Secret 7 this spring when the lake backs up & the channels are grazing shallow.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Albert. DK has changed their bait and it is NOT what it use to be. They need to go back to their origional mix.