Punch bait

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ccat, Jul 23, 2008.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I have used Magic Bait and catfish charlie, but what is this Punch Bait I keep hearing about?
    ccat

2. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have had luck with Cj's punch bait, but not on Dk's.

3. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I have had some luck with the DK blood this summer.

Punch bait refers to a thick, stinky bait that you "punch" a treble hook into and then pull the hook out. The bait sticks to the hook, and you are ready to fish... No sponge, wire or other "baitholder" needed...

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    ok, I get it. I thought that was it. It is basically a wetter catfish charlie type bait isn't it? I have some (don't remember the make though).
    I made some rigs by cutting some pieces of a sponge and poking a treble hook into it.
    What is DK's? I assume it is a brand of punch bait. I just hear a lot of people talk about it.
    thanks
    ccat

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    DK's is Danny Kings punch bait. If you like using stink baits send Jeff with Team catfish a message or go to his web site. The secret 7 dip bait he is making will out fish any other brand that I have tried including dk's. I strongly recomend it to anyone that likes prepaired baits.

6. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I am trotlining and jugging greers ferry tomorrow night and was just mainly going to use cut bream and cut shad. Do you ever use the punch bait in big lakes? To me, stink bait and stuff like that reminds me of fishing off the bank in small ponds and not big lakes like Greers Ferry.
    Will my method with the sponge rigged up on a treble work, or should I just use a treble hook alone?
    thanks
    ccat

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Chris prepared baits will work just about anywhere you fish...A big part of catching fish to me is knowing the "conditions" and using the proper bait in those conditions for maximum results. recently i switched to "7" as my bait of choice concerning prepared baits. I have used it (along with Johnny) in swift current on the red-river, arkansas river, still water lakes that are huge in size, just recently at Lake Fork in texas where "7" put money fish in our boat on two ocassions....I will not use anything that i do not believe in period.:wink::eek:oooh::tounge_out: The bait works really well in spring & summer....In will continue using it giving reports as the conditions change to the fall. When using any prepared bait it has been my experience you got to learn how to put on the hook, what hook & method to use, then fine tune those skills. I use it in fiber form with a treble hook and the results are awsome:tounge_out: Hope this helps!!

8. cepierce

cepierce New Member

State:
    Scott AFB
    Hello all, thanks for the tips!