punch bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by DTSB, Feb 7, 2008.

1. DTSB

DTSB New Member

State:
    Texas
    Can't find danny king bait in Kerrville but am using homemade bait from the brownwood area, any suggestions where i need to look.

2. jrbb00

jrbb00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If you have to run into the big city then stop at Bass Pro. I am not sure if they will have it but it is worth the stop. I found it at Cabella's in Buda.
    Good luck.

3. jeffnsa

jeffnsa New Member

State:
    texas
    you can usually find it at academy. i don't know if there is one in your area or not.

4. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Bass Pro Shops doesn't carry Danny King's punch bait. Try Cabela's, Gander Mountain, Academy or Wal-Mart. WM doens't usually stock it next to the other catfish baits. Not sure why. You'll have to look through the entire fishing dept on all shelves top to bottom. You never know where it's going to be.

5. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Do you catch big cats on punch bait? I have never tried it. I don't want to catch the little ones, I target channels 10 pounds and up and normally use live bream and golden shiners 4 to 6 inches long.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    You can go here and order it, I wouldn't order anything smaller than a 1 gallon container.

http://www.catfishgold.com/products.htm

One of the misconceptions of this bait is it will only catch eaters. My pb with it is 20 lbs. and a 41 lber was caught on it last year in the pre-paired bait tournament on Texoma. I know of lots of 30 lber's being caught on it. Yes it will catch a lot of eaters but it will catch big fish as well.

7. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Last year my guests caught a 12, 15, 16 and 21 along with about 1,100 others that were under 10 lbs. on Danny King's Punch Bait with either a #2, #4 or #6 hook. Not a big bait by any means. If you use a bigger hook you'll catch bigger fish. But you won't get nearly the numbers you can get with the smaller hooks.

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I think Academy is going to stop carrying it, at least the one in Shertz

9. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I've found it in small bait shops near lakes with catfish, and I've seen it at Academy...

10. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    You can get Danny King at Walmart also. Usually Walmart will keep it on the top shelf, but there will be times you will find it on the bottom shelf or just under the hooks. I use the #4 treble hook. The best one that I love to use is the blood bait! Last week at the barge I caught a 3.97 channel with his blood bait! It was wonderful!!!!!!!

You are able to get Danny King on his website also. I would get the gallon one. It's priced pretty good. :smile2:

11. Tall1FrTex

Tall1FrTex New Member

State:
    Texas
  12. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    The wally worlds in Floresville and military @ goliad don't carry it and the Academy on Military @ Flores can't keep it on the shelves as per the sales guy there. The light House C store by lake Calaveras has some for $9.99 by their bait cooler though I think this stuff has gold in it lol.

Rubes

13. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I have a gallon of DK garlic I'll sell!

14. nuts1968

nuts1968 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If your still having problems give me a shout and well see about shipping you one or something like that.

15. DTSB

DTSB New Member

State:
    Texas
    found some lewis king bait at choke that some swear by although we had no luck with it but had lots of luck with our homeade stuff,have'nt had time to go to town to look at academy or cabelas, to busy working and then fishing, thanks for all the advice on where to look for DK punch bait.

16. stikshooter

stikshooter New Member

State:
    Floresville tx
    Academy cant keep it on the shelves,

17. dbarbosa

dbarbosa New Member

State:
    Mansfield, Texas
    I bought some punch bait in the Garlic flavor this weekend at Academy in Arlington.

Darwin.

18. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Hey friends,
    I found some DK'S at the academy on military at flores, at this time they have all three flavors and about 8 of each on the shelf.
    Next time we're going to Braunig to see how we do.

Rubes

19. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I just got back from the Academy Sports in Plano (on 75) and they've got a good supply of all three flavors....