Punch bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by grillking, Jul 6, 2007.

1. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    Has anyone in nebraska used danny kings punch bait.I bought some a few weeks ago. been out 5 times and used it. not a nibble. just wondering if anyone around here has had any luck on it. everbody on this site raves about it.

2. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    Don't know about up there. Here in south Texas fishing for Channels and Blues up to 10 lbs you can't beat it. There have been a few days here where some other bait has worked as good or better. I stoped by a fishing guide one day when I was having miminal sucess. He had a boat load of clients limited out using turkey weiners soaked in vanilla. Some days are like that. Danny Kings is one of the best baits for eatin size fish on most days here in south Texas. Try it for comparison when you are catching fish on other bait. Remember a day on the water is always better than one doing chores.

Good Luck

3. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    yep i got some a while back caught some small channels on it and a few bites in the big river on it

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i bought a gallon and iv used it in the ohio river with no luck three different times its now for resale

fish eat fish

5. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I have read alot about Danny Kings bait, but I ve never tried it. Earlier this year, I won the Magic bait assortment from this awesome website. I wont say its my favorite stink bait, cause it does work and works well. But I have the best results with Sonny's Blood Formula from wally world on a "jig-a-cat" made by Apex. Both of these items cost about $8.00 collectively. At memphis State park last year, my dad, my son and I caught lots of channels with this stuff. My avatar shows my son and I together holding up a pair that we caught simultaniously using Sonnys.

6. SDHogs

SDHogs New Member

State:
    SE tip of South Dakota
    I bought some of the smallest jars in Blood and Original to try it out. It seems to work well here as well. I am very very close to the NE and IA borders.

7. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    I haven't had any luck with it so far. All fibery and wouldn't stick on my dry looper kahles at all.

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I haven't had any luck with it yet. I'll keep throwing it out there and hopefully I'll catch something! My favorites are Sonny's, Rusty's, Hog Wild, and Junnie's.

9. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i use wicked sticky and catch tons of channels stays on in heavy current. only problem is when you have a little hit and the fish spits the hook it will usually clean all the bait off to. if you buy the junies dipworms with it switch the trebble hook to a j-hook or circle hook less fatal hookups and easier to remove then a treble.

10. waleygator

waleygator New Member

State:
    Weeping Water, NE
    Why did they call it "punch bait"? I remember reading why once but have slept since then...