Punch bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by mudpup, Dec 16, 2006.

1. mudpup

mudpup New Member

State:
    Wilkes-Barre Pa.
    I need some GOOD home made punch bait. Does anyone have any info on where I can get a few gallons? I got some last year but I don't have the label on the jug and with " ole timers " settin in ,I just can't recall where I got it. Any help will be appreciated on as to where I can get some. Thanks

2. suggy183

suggy183 New Member

State:
    NE
    I highly Recommend Danny Kings if you don't have your own
    recipe if you wanta good warm water recipe go down to your local meat locker when they are butchering and try to buy some blood off them if you have and old beer fridge put the bucket in there and like it set a day or two and you will have a big clot like jello cut into 1 inch squares and put then in like cake pan put back in fridge for a couple weeks remembering to turn once and a while

3. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If it was homemade and sold by the gallon try googling Benny Robert's Sure Shot Punchbait. DK's is good but I prefer Sureshot.

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Ok, excuse my ignorance, but what is "punch" bait?

I've heard of stink bait and various pellets that also stink.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    There are no ignorance questions. A punch bait is made with fibers inside of a stink bait. All you need is a treble hook, #4, and stick to punch the hook down into the bait. Punch bait is a lot thicker than a dip bait so a worm is not needed to hold the punch bait. There are several good brands out there that people brag about. I hope this helps.:lol:

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    danny kings is real good. i have a friend that only uses mr whiskers. side by side we catch almost the same amount of fish.

7. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Around here it is Geno's. It is a local recipe.

8. los7883

los7883 New Member

State:
    Texas
    For me Sureshot has always been more effective than Danny Kings as far as punch bait...

9. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Sureshot has worked better than DK for in the past but DK is really good too. DK wins out because I can get it locally and in Walmart.

10. Rodfather23

Rodfather23 New Member

State:
    Ark
    I went fishing tonight with some Hog wild and premo super sticky dip tonight...it seemed like that stuff would have stayed on a treble hook pretty well also without the tube.......but then again I was keeping it cool in a cooler.