Punch Bait Rig?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by okiekrawler, Feb 12, 2006.

1. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    i am looking for different ways to rig up and use punch bait. how are ya,ll doin it?

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    2oz. egg sinker or no roll, glass bead, swivle, 12-14" leader with a bigger trebble hook then the jar says to use. Glob the heck out of the bait and chunk'er out and hang on.
    Gonna try out thos lopper rigs real soon, seems that they may hold more bait longer. Gonna rig it up the same way.

3. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i just use a 3 way with a treble on the end
    dunno if a stink bait worm would work or not, i doubt it
    im new to punch bait :)

4. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    thanks t-bone. i been thinkin about tryin to float that treble but i don't know? i kinda think holdin it off the bottom may work pretty well.

5. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I've never used Punch Bait but if it is sticky, I'll tell you the Looper Rigs will hold it good. I bought some to use with stink bait and I bought a couple of two or three different hook styles. I used them all last year and still have all that didn't snag and break off. They are well built, last for ever and hold soft, sticky baits better than anything I've ever tried. You won't be disappointed!

6. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    The only PUNCH BAIT RIG you need is a treble hook.
    I use Danny Kings an Rocky's punch baits they are to stiff for anything but a treble hook.I have used cooking oil to thin them an used dip rigs which worked but why when you don't need to go thru all the trouble.
    Loop

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I use terble hooks from #1 up to 5/0 with a float about 4" up from the hook to keep the bait off the bottom. Then a carliona keeper to stop the sinker slide about 12 to 18" above the hook.if you are using sinkers bigger then 2 oz use 2 keepers. With this set up you only have one knot and works great.

8. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    one thing is for sure
    danny kings punch bait is anything but sticky

9. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Here's a new twist to try, mix it up with a quality dip bait like Cattracker's Wicked Sticky and you'll have a deadly combo. God bless.

10. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I also use a float on one pole and not the other. Really can't tell ya that I've had more bites one way or the other.

Tim I like the idea of only one knot. Are there any pics on the board of what you use ?

11. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    right on guys. thanks for all the info. i think i' ll try the floats with a #2 hook instead of #4.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Carolina rig or slip float with a little split shot weight is what I do. I like slip float more when using dip bait.
    I just got me some looper rigs and I can see they are better than what I have been getting at wally world. I will be wetting a hook with them soon.

13. sbursik

sbursik New Member

State:
    McKinney Texas
    From Punchbait.com

[​IMG]