Pumpkin soup

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by smokey, Aug 26, 2008.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know someone here has made pumpkin soup befor, If anyone knows how to make it would you pls post it for me. A friend from Austraila made some for us,but I never learned how to make it.Ohh man was it good! thankx smokey

2. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    That goes for me too!! I would greatly appreciate THAT recipe!! My Grandma used to make it and boy o' boy!! :crazy: Thanks in advanced!!

3. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Pumpkin soup is one of my favorites. I have a recipe I'd like to share. I hope it's what you're looking for. You'll need:

1 Med. sized fresh pumpkin (don't use canned pumpkin) remove seeds and skin, cut into thin strips.

2 quarts of chicken broth (hot).

1 large onion chopped.

2 sticks of butter

2/3 cup of flour

1 cup of milk or cream

1 cup brown sugar

nutmeg, cayenne pepper and salt to taste.

melt butter in a large stock pot, saute onions until translucent. Add pumpkin, reduce heat, cover and "sweat" pumpkin until it is very soft. Add brown sugar, nutmeg, cayenne and flour stirring until flour isn't sticking to pan. Turn heat up to med. add hot chicken stock slowly, stirring constantly. Bring just to a boil. Now you should puree the soup using either a wand mixer or a food processor. Return soup to stove, add milk or cream and simmer. Enjoy!

4. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    That soup sound out of this world.