Pump

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by shane12970, Jul 10, 2007.

1. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    i know this is stupid question but can someone show me a pic or link to walmart of the pump you use to change the gear oil in the lower unit of yr outboard..ive looked everywhere but dont know what it looks like

2. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois

3. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    thanks i was looking for something with a motor...lmao...i thought it had a motor on it ...i9m such an idiot... thanks

4. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Shane
    If you’re a idiot you got lots of same kinds in this world. The "first time" I tried to fill my lower unit with a squirt gun from the top hole, boy- ran out of oil before was anywhere near full. I wondered why the stuff came in such an unusual tube. Guess we had to learn to walk. Luck

5. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I've had boats for over 20 years and never used a pump. just take out your lower oil screw and your top vent screw and let it drain. I use the qt bottles of 80w90 with the cone shape top. fill from the bottom till it runs out of the vent hole on top. replace your top screw and then your bottom one and your done. hope this helps.

6. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
  7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am stupid and I know it.I have met a lot of people in my 62 years who were stupid and did not know it.I figure that makes me smarter than those folks.I think you would have been stupid if you do not ask about the things you don;t know.The most stupid that I have ever met are the "Know it alls".I would not mind them so much if they did not insist on causing problems for everyone else.I am now retarded in mind and body.I am thankful that I know it and not ashame to acknowledge it.It makes life far easier on me and everyone else.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

8. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
  9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Some outboards do not use the 90w gear oil that comes in tubes. Instead they use a Type C fluid, which is thin liquid. You have to have a pump of some type to get it in the lower unit as it normally comes in a quart can...it just don't fit that upper hole.

10. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    i have a 80 hp mariner. thats bout all i know bout it.. 1st question where can i find the info on th motor... 2nd what type of geare oil should i use in lower unit... i have the pump ordered..thankx in advance

11. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

That mariner will use 85/90 gear oil made for and outboard. Do not use automotive gear oil in that lower unit.
    As for info you can find lots of info on the net by googling the engine name and horse power. and on ishopmarine.

12. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    thansk very much
    guys

13. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    thansk very much
    guys