Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay lets here some opinions here on this idea. I was wanting to set up another home bait tank and have a good 120 gallon tank ready to rock but am short a water pump, being a cheap sob, I don't want to buy another one. what I do have is a washing machin that some electric parts fried on and was replaced.
So here's the master plan, remove the washing maching pump and add a belt pulley to the shaft, then using either the washing machine motor or a smaller one I have and with a belt and pulley on that run the pump. It moves alot of water, but I don't know if it will hold up to continus running or not??? any appliance guys or anyone else tried this or know if they will hold up or not??????????????

· Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shouldn't take more than an hour to put it all together and have it piped in, might just go ahead and make it and see how long and how well it runs. I am a tinkerer,always building something from scratch and then upgrading it if it needs it later to fill the bill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.