Pump Back Lake?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fox9988, May 11, 2008.

1. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    Anyone know anything about it?It's in NE OK between Little Kansas and Locust Grove.

2. flipper69

flipper69 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When I was younger we used to fish below the pumpback and done ok.It is between Locust Grove and Salina Okla. just to the east of Lake Hudson. It has been along time though.

3. flipper69

flipper69 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If you come into Okla. on 412 get off at the locust grove exit and go north about 6-10 miles .You will turn right and it is up the hill.

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    no gas motors. it is an excellent bass fishery. i don't know about catfish. it would be a good place to jugline if you had enough trolling motor to run em down.

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I've never personally fished the pumpback but know of a member on here who does. He slays the blues in the wintertime and there always good size 20pounders. Like Rex said no gas motors only electric or paddle. The lake is deep 100+ feet in many places. I'd love to fish it some time if it were a little closer to me.

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who was raised over by the pumpback he use to fish it with an old fella that was raised in the hollow that the pump back now covers with water. he tells me you can clean up on some world class channel cats there.he recomended trot lineing . he also told me there are several springs in the pump back and if you locate them you can wear yourself out with a rod and reel.he also told me that in all the time they trot lined the pump back that they never caught a blue or a flathead. hope this helps.

7. coyote

coyote New Member

State:
    Verdigris, Ok
    Winter time blues for sure at the pumpback!!!!!!!!!! I posted some pics on here from last winter and took a few hits for keeping so many biguns. My avitar pic is from the pump back jugfishing 100ft deep 2 years ago in January. We had 5 average 20lbs.

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks for the info.