Pulver VS Faber

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by zeboman, May 12, 2008.

1. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Who do you like in this match up? They are supposed to fight June 1st @9:30 I believe.

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm gonna go with Jens Pulver mostly because I haven't seen Faber fight.

3. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm gonna give this one to Faber. Not real familiar with either, but I've seen some of Urijah Faber's fights on youtube and he is an animal!!

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Faber is the champ and is very good but Jens has never lost at 145, this should be a great fight.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I'll go with Faber on this one. Pulver has been a on good roll in his last few fights but Faber's ground game is better. Pulver will have to knock him out to pull the win.

6. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    You are missing out. Urijah is possibly the best fighter I have ever seen in the ring. There is so much talent and athletic ablility it is not even fair sometimes. I will be very shocked if he loses, but anything can happen in the ring. It only takes one mistake and you could be done.

7. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Finally got to see Faber fight, and y'all might be right. Is the competition as stiff in WEC? I mean, he did put on a good show. He's very fast, strong, AND technical.

I'm still not changin' my stance. I'm goin' with Pulver. If he loses, I'm just dumb lmao.

8. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    in the wec hes the best thing smoking right now . i see him holding title for a very long time . hes one f the most talented kids ive seen. i'm more ufc fan though. and in my opionion the best fighter in the world right now . is george st. piere. he is with out a doubt the best !!!!! let alone his gentlemans attitude as well. great champion.... jens dont have a chance . unles he knocks him out and does it super fast..

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    faber is a good fighter and has youth and athletic ability on his side. but pulver is a veteran with lots of big fight experience and he is a whole different breed of cat at 145. should be a great fight.

10. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    just saw commercial it is june 1st at 9:00.

11. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Faber is ok, he really hasent impressed me any yet, he hasnt fought really any top of the line fighters yet, we'll see how he does against little evil...

12. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I've always like BJ Penn, so I haven't been much of a Pulver fan. However, I do like veterans and underdogs so I'll root for "little evil." I'll be highly suprised if he pulls if off though, Faber is a machine.

13. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Don't forget it's on tonight. Hope it's an exciting fight whoever wins and not a 30 second blowout, I don't particularly care either way, just want it to be a good fight...

14. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    don't have it on pay per view, gonna go with Fabor ending it with elbows. It's 9:38 don't think it starts until later in the line up.

Richard

15. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    It's on regular cable here...VS channel. The pre fights are on now, it goes till 10 central time here

16. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I couldn't get the fight...............any report??????

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    ive never heard of Faber until now, so I guess Ill have to go for lil evil. I like his style.

18. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    fight over faber wins 5 rd decision

19. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    first time he went 5 love to see them fight one more time

20. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I wasn't sure who was gonna win, but I was pulling for Pulver. One thing that I never expected was for the fight to go to a decision. Faber won every round, but Pulver pulled through some very dangerous situations. Best fight I've seen in a while. I do hope they have a re-match in the future.