Pulled my PB for the year out of the Pec at Trask Bridge

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by g3l33m, Aug 31, 2009.

1. g3l33m

g3l33m Member

State:
    Pec, Illinois
    Pulled my personal best for the year @ 19" out of the Pecatonica River at the Trask Bridge backwater Saturday. Bit like a smaller fish and I had already missed a good bite while I was dicking around with my other pole. Put that pole in the truck and then caught this one next to a downed tree. Was using Secret 7 on a size 6 treble hook with some of their blood spray mixed in for good measure. Didn't get any bites after that. Went home for an hour or two and went back out but there were so many bugs I wussed out and went back home.:confused2: (It's nice living under 10 miles from some decent fishing holes.)

*I hate to even show this cuz it looks like bait compared to some of you guys' fish. Plus, it's hard to get a good shot when you're the only one around.:)*

2. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    A PB is a PB. Congrats on the catch.

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    well put

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC from South Carolina. Get yourself a Thermacell and your bug dilemma will be over. Yes, a PB is a PB, and you can only go up, up, up!!!!!

Bill in SC

5. g3l33m

g3l33m Member

State:
    Pec, Illinois
    My Thermacell was in my cat bucket but it was too windy out to use it.:sad2: And it wasn't so much the mosquitoes that were bugging me, it was those little pecker gnats that go for your eyes when they see you have a bite. Grrr.:angry::big_smile: (It was kinda funny to watch the other 4 or 5 guys fishing on the bank swat at them though.)

And it was only my PB for the year so I've still got some more time. Taking Thurs and Fri off to see if I can't up it a bit.:big_smile:

Thanks,

Greg

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Greg Welcome to the BOC. Congrats on the new PB.