Puddle Jumper and Peanut, Below Chick lake Tn River**5 PB fish**

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by puddle jumper, May 30, 2009.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Man what a Day we had at the Dam,,, :wink:

We got on the water about 10:30 and fished untill dark, started off the day with the cast net looking for bait we threw the net untill my arm hurt and managed about a dozen XL Gizzard shad for cut bait, We set up on the wall and the first fish in the boat was Alisons Personal Best Blue at 18Lbs caught another handfull of blues and then it was my turn for a PB with a big Flathead at 31lbs we pretty much consistently landed fish for the next hr with several more cats and Another PBst for me with a Chanel cat at 10lbs that looked like it had been shot with a shotgun it had small sores about 1"apart all over it,, Wierd,, Alison got her best Drum at 10lbs but that would not last the day as She got one of several big one at a even 20lbs later on in the day,, the bite got slow so we fished for Brim for a couple of hrs and managed about 40 good ones, "not the big ones that we had been catching"

Things were slow so we took a sight seeing trip down river for a couple of hrs, We stopped by one of the creeks on the way back up and fished for a little while and did ok but not great with about 15 little brim so we decided to hit the dam to finish out the night,

We got back up to the Dam and had the place to ourselves as far as boats go "bank was wall to wall", we had used up all the gizzard shad we had the first trip so went load up on some more before settling in and to my suprise got a big net full of 4-5" Threadfins, And it was on, we fished from 6 till dark and caught fish as fast as we could keep the lines in the water, had to go to fishing with only two poles "had been using 4", because I could not keep them all in the water,, Ton of big Drum where I got my PBst at 22lbs manage a couple of more flatheads one 21lber, Peanut got her PB drum at 20lbs as mentioned before, Have no idea of the total fish cought,, We were taking pictures of all the big fish but there were so many the batteries in the camera died,"So I didn't get a pic of the 21lb flathead"

Had a Blast To Start the Summer Break with my Best fishing Partner
    :big_smile:
    Sorry so long, Had a blast,,
    Puddle

Ok Personal Bests for the Day,,

Alison,
    18lb Blue Cat,, "HOF?? Dont know the Length"
    20lb Drum,,"HOF"

Me
    10lb Channel Cat,, "missed by 2lbs"
    22lb Drum,, "HOF"
    31lb Flathead,,"HOF"

Attached Files:

2. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
    A few more pics..:cool2:
    Puddle

Attached Files:

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Way to go. Makes you forget about all the rain and cold weather.

4. puddle jumper

State:
    NW.Georgia
    oh, and my PB drum and Stumpy,,:tounge_out:
    Puddle

Attached Files:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Great stuff and great pics. THANX!

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sounds and looks like you all had a really good time out there! Congrats to you both on the big fish!

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Great day on the water. man I can't believe you made that sweet gal stay out that long fishing with you. Nice bunch of fish hope the next trip is better than this one.:wink:
    But Please put a Wild Wolf hat on before your head burns up. Also nice Safety Float you have on the boga grips.:cool2:
    Pete

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    John those are some nice fish and congrats.

9. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    nice trip john, it's always a blast when you cant fish all of your rigs at once because the fish are biting too fast. I hope to catch me one of those big drum on my next TN trip, how do they fight?

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats John to you and Alison on the excellent trip! :big_smile: Fantastic pics! :cool2: Awesome job teaching her to be quite the angler! :big_smile:

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Also john I may have to get Peanut to break in the new rod your building for me.:big_smile: Let here use it first and have it fish ready when I get it.:wink: Guys this man builds some nice rods.
    He will be building me a 7ft 9" GRAPHITE G1000 LIVE BAIT - High Gloss Clear Coat - Moderate/Fast Action
    GLB931MH 7'9" 15-40 line weight 2-8 oz weight. This should be one fine controlled drifting Rod. Light and power in one rod.
    Looking forward to getting it soon. :big_smile:
    Pete

12. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    congrats on the PB's....:wink::wink::wink:

13. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Excellent report John! Congratulations on all the new PBs!

14. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like a great trip for all of you, congrats for all the new pb's! I hope I can get a new pb flatty this year. Congrats again!