Public Park Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by IndyMedicGuy, Jun 6, 2008.

1. IndyMedicGuy

IndyMedicGuy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Is there any ponds or lakes in public park areas around the Indy or south area that are good for fishing? Cats or just general fishing?

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Kris,
    Man, you ask more questions than Hughie Greene:wink:
    There is some fishing from shore at Eagle Creek Park; cats, carp, panfish etc. You can get to The creek and the lake from from inside the park.
    There is a nice lake out at Fort Ben'. The park at Cicero on the south end of Morse Res. is where I catch most of my flathead bait and you can pick up carp and cats there too. These are all on the north side so may not be useful to you. I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I use...W

3. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Mill Race Park in Columbus has good access and loads of fish. you can fish the 2 ponds there or fish the river.

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Eagle Creek is good and Hummel Park In Plainfield has a few nice lakes that have some good channels in them....

5. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    shanes right about hummel i,ve caught some nice keeper cats out of there and it,s where i get my gill,s for river fishing . it,s close by to me and their bitin good now we usually stay an hr or so and load the cooler with bait for the river there,s also some sand pit,s there if you ask they,ll let you fish them but if you dont ask they,ll call the cops in a hurry on you . that,s just to forwarn you on that . i hope it helps if you need directions to it let me know i,ll give them to ya there is alot of road construction in plainfield right now and some streets are closed due to it i was just out there 3 days ago just let me know chief .

6. bgmik1313

bgmik1313 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Where are the gravel pits you mentioned? I am familiar with Hummel Park but I havent fished there yet this year.