Pt. Pleasant, WV- River report needed

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by neocats, Oct 8, 2007.

1. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'm goning down to fish a catfish tournament out of Pt. Pleasant. I have never fished that part of the river. Any locals willing to give a report on that part of the river?

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey, are you talking about the Open tourney ran by The Ohio Hills Catfish guys on Saturday the 13th? If so, I'm going too (as long as my boat is ready by then). I too, have never fished there before.

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Jeff and Bryan i cant give you no local help i live just as far if not father then you from point pleasant but I do know when i was a pup my Dad and my uncles and there freinds would fish alot around the mouth of a creek i believe was called indian creek and caught fish.But thats been 30 years ago.The reason I know my dad dragged me on a few of these road trips grudgeling a few times when i was more worried about girl chasing :roll_eyes:It was a nice area though my dad even took me a couple of times to Grants birthplace.

4. alarringto

alarringto New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hope you do good dad, let me know how it goes.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have been trying to dig up info on the point pleasant area myself. Seems no one is real interested in giving up any info

6. firecat

firecat New Member

State:
    OHIO Go Bucks
    In the next two weeks there are two tourneys out of the pool that you are talking about so that is why everyone is pretty tightlipped. Ohio hills is next weekend out of mason and the bend area Care tourney is the weekend after that.

Larry

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I will not be fishing any tourneys down there in the next two weeks.................so if that is the case, people can PM me some info. Don't need spots, just what is the condition of the fishing on that stretch of river