PSE FireFlight

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by FlatGetter, Mar 9, 2006.

1. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im getting a bow like here in a week Ive never had a bow, I heard that I need to get a 1cam for better and easier tuning. I was looking at the PSE FireFlight for 300$ is that a good begginer bow for the money?

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Its a great bow i have shot the PSE fireflight for over ten years now. You will love it

3. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

State:
    IL
    If you find a bow that you like better with dual cams don't shy away from them. Alot of the problems with the older dual cams have been fixed. (Hence naming systems things like "Cam & 1/2" and other marketing ploys.)

Don't have any experience with the firebolt though.

Do buy from a bow shop though. Because, assuming they know what they're doing, they can save you loads of wasted time getting a bow that actually fits you. Give you a few pointers on shooting form and proper arrow selection and you'll be way ahead of the game.

4. Bubbahunter

Bubbahunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I`ve shot it several times and it is a great bow in my opinion.Shoots smooth and nice and quiet. I don`t think you`ll be upset with that purchase.

Rob

5. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    I don't shoot a PSE, but many of my bow hunter friends do and I think they are as good as any on the market. They have overcome all the excentricities they had 15 or so years ago, we used to say the PSE stood for "Parts Scattered Everywhere." Good Luck with the new bow. If you are interested TED NUGGENT has a web site that explains "tuning" the single cam bow. Regardless of what anyone says single cams need to be "tweeked" a little, but it is simpilar than the double cams.

""DANGER, DANGER" Archery is like catfishing it's ADDICTIVE.............

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I've been shooting a Fire Flight for over 10 years also. I'm sure the modern ones are even better than mine. Good luck.

7. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    chris if you live anywhere near belleville i would recommend you going to town hall archery they are one of the top dealers in il a great bunch of fellers i hope this help as far as my experience with pse i have been shooting them for the past 15 or so yrs and this last one i bought i have had nothing but problems i mean i but on limbsavers cat wiskers limbsaver stablizer and the sob still sounded like a 22 going off so i am now switching to a mathews switchback xt