PS3 Sells For $99,999,999 On Ebay

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by buddah, Nov 17, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
  2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I just cant believe it. Imagine being the seller?!! :roll_eyes:

3. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    Are you kidding me!!? I would buy my own fishing fly-in lodge! that is unimaginable wealth to just have let alone paying that for a stupid video game (brain waster).

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    1 Who in the world would spend that kind of money on a game? Is he crazy?
    I guess possibly desperate,I have to be in total agreement that is unbelieveable.:crazy:

5. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    First off, I would have never stood inline or paid the $599.00 retail, that it sold at the store for.

...but if I had, I wouldn't at all be happy that some loser posted a bid that he has no intention of paying.

It might have sold on eBay for that amount, but I will bet you $99,999,999.00 that he never see's a dime of that buyers money. In my opinion that is just as bad as lieing or stealing.

_

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi

Just look at the bid history...it's real. If it is a hoax then it sure is an elaborate one.
    Makes me want to vomit, actually.

7. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Most of those that bid on it are "not registered users" (i.e. bogus). I have seen this happen many times before. Once an item reaches an absurd amount then others throw bids at it like it’s not for real. In reality it costs money to post items on eBay and this person will lose money on this auction.

I have suspected that at times people that have their own similar items for sale will log in as a fictitious user and purposely sabotage another’s listing in this way.

I've been an eBay member since Dec 1996. In that time I have seen it grow, and now sadly start to die. (IMHO)

_

8. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I WON I WON I WON I WON. YEA HO I WON!!!!

just kidding but i whould if i had the cash. :lol: :lol:

9. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Bid history does not make it a real sale by any means.

As Tony said, most of those bids all changed to bids from non-registered users. Some were recently registered but I suspect eBay has taken away their registration due to the bogus bidding. Hope so anyway!

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    If it were real, then I have an old Commodore to sell them. It's got to be an antique by now. :lol:

11. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    hmm, thats just pathetic.. but then again when the xbox 360 came out and someone bought it and put the box up on an ebay page and at the bottom of the page in small print he put "box only" and it sold! for about 10,000 dollars i think..

12. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya its definatly a hoax:big_smile: :lol:

13. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    A 64 or 128? :big_smile:

14. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Look beside the users name NOT A REGISTERED USER

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Man, I sure wish mine goes for 1/2 that. LOL

Tony, I stood in line the 20+ hours for one myself, not to own but to flip. Momma didn't raise no fool.

I just need to find that spoiled kid whose parents are gonna try to buy his love this Christmas. LOL

16. Catfish Killer

Catfish Killer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I am sure it wont sell for that, but you will she them go between $10,000,00-$20,000.00 around Christmas. I had a buddy that bought 4 X box 360's last year for around $2000.00 and sold them on E-Bay. He ended up profiting $19,800.00. Dumb rich people will pay it. I would rather have a boat. lol

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Wow, they have bottemed out quickly on ebay.

The 60 Gigs that were going for average of around $3200 are now going for $1600.

The 20 Gigs that were going for $1500 are now lucky to go for $800.

I got lucky and sold mine with 3 games and controller for $1800 with shipping.

So, 20 hours in line for $1000....I'll take $50 an hour any day, lol.

18. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    for one its just a picture and the recict doesent proove anything

19. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Yeah I figured it was a hoax of some sort. cause I know if I had a 1X10^9
    I would not spend it so foolishly. I wasn't trying to convince anyone that this was a real sale, mind you only a real post. Thank you for all the input!

20. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    stopped in at walmart this morning to get my oil changed was walking around the store and seen a display for the new sony 3 I started talking with the assosiate he told me they only got 10 units delivered to them I said ten wow how many did they make he said only 150,000 were released in the whole USA. I guess there was a big race between them and nintendo there being released tomorrow and he said they will get lots of them there only $250
    I dont play so it dont matter to me but man do i wish i had a dozen of both to sell on ebay