Proud Papa

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jmjackson333, Jul 23, 2009.

1. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    Well I am about as proud a Dad as can be. I took my 5yr. old boy, Cannon to a youth fishing derby put on by NEOCATS from 9 to noon last Saturday. He won it all and took home a very nice trophy sponsored by Danny King's. Cannon caught 17 channel cats for a total weight of 91lbs and 4 ounces!!! His biggest was a 15 pound hog. His little arms were jelly after working that big boy to shore! Ha Ha I had him on my Big Game rods with 30 lb test Vicious, that way he could just winch them in. He looked like a pro after the first few. He even was grabbing the reel and shutting off the clicker when setting the hook! Man I was so proud of him. I told him that it will probably be a long time before he has another day like that.:smile2: The derby was at a local Paylake in their catch and release pond. But it was a fun trip for all the kids who went. Every one of them caught fish. Pics should be up soon on the NEOCATS website.

2. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Great story! Start preparing because he'll be outfishing you soon, dad!

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Mojo to ya!! Check out my sig. Tell your son congrats!!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Way to go "POP"!

5. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    thanks for sharing ,that will be a day your son remembers for the rest of his life.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Reps to you Justin. Your training the boy well. Congrats to Cannon on a Champion Performance.

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats to your son

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Awesome post! Congrats to the son. That's what it's all about is our youths getting involved an so precious.

9. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
  10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
  11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    congrats to your son good little fisherman

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats what its all about! rollo

13. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    My son is 7 he was 4th at the tourney. But he played football catch for a little while which is actually fine with me. He loves football more than anything which is fine by me I was the same way as a youngster which is why I was a 3 yr letterman in football at Norwalk ST. Paul and my dad started varsity football all 4 years he was in high school so the kid is truly following our footsteps. And he also loves fishing but like me probably won't become full time til he graduates, buty will be part time til then.