Protection of Trophy Cats

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by price, May 4, 2007.

1. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The TN Valley Outdoors newspaper published an editorial that I sent them about the need to continue to protect trophy cats in TN. I appreciate them doing this, and I hope that people get a chance to read. The have lots of subscibers and the article hits you as soon as you open page 1.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey man thanks for your efforts. Can you put up a link.

3. catfishsteward

catfishsteward New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am looking forward to reading the article. Thanks for taking time to do this. I found out last week that TWRA will be discussing commercial fishing laws at a meeting in July. This would probably be a good meeting to make a strong showing so they know how we feel about the recent “compromise”. I heard that Borchert still isn’t happy and he will probably try to get rid of the regulation completely next year.

4. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I read inthe Catfish Now magazine, that they voted again to drop the protection act. It said Borchert was concerned with the out of work commercial fishing industry. The vote didn't pass, but I didn't like hereing that they were even cosidering changing the law. It sounds like this Borchert fellow is a real idot. I'm from South Carolina and was really glad to hear that tenn. had this law they recently passed a bill on santee to release 36inch blues I sure hope the commercial guys don't start crying and try to change the law back. Santee surley needs a break from them I really hope they pass the law state wide in SC as well.

5. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    Like one of the other posters said, Thanks for your effort, and keep up the good work.