Prospector / Antiques / Questions

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Prospector, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Prospector

Prospector New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hello;
    I am a newbe to the group and have several questions for the members. The first one deal with an antique I found at an estate sale.
    #1. Its a 33 1/2 rpm record. Transparent Red in color. Its been cut on ONE side only. Its a "talking" record, NOT a singing one. Title is; "Rochelle Hudson on Personal Communications". Rochelle Hudson was an actress born in 1914. She became an actress in 1927, and died in 1972. She has many movies to her credit both "silent" and "talkies". I would love to have ANY feedback as possible on this record. Now...on to my questions:
    Should a members child be allowed to get on the computer, come to this site, and berrate others under their parents name?? Thus undermining the reputation of their parent?? Should the member which was berrated report this action?? I'm gonna stop my questions there. Because with everything else going on here(my house) I do not need anything else upsetting me.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Change your password and keep it to yourself this time...:eek:oooh:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Silence is better than unmeaning words. ~~Pythagoras

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    The album you are speaking of is most certainly a 78, not a 33 1/3. You might want to have it appraised by a dealer. Actually, 78 records are more plentiful thank you might think, so you might be disappointed with the appraisal; then again, you might have a treasure that will bring in more than I would suspect. In fact, this being a monologue by a well-known actress...you never know!

As for the other, unless your reputation is in ruins, or you hear from the staff, I agree that a change in password is best. I've seen worse! :eek:oooh:

4. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    I would be changing the password and bustin some #$$...just me

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Alot of people are going back to records because not all lps have been put on cd.
    You need to get control of your puter! Like was stated before change pass word and move the computer out to a room you can walk by it and see what is going on. If a child is talking to people she / he does not know that could be dangerous. Lots of crazies out there.
    Bill

6. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    i need to know if it is your child or someone else, before i can offer any advice

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I belive that this issue has to do with someone else's child doing the berrating.

Personally, I would just ignore the child, or, talk to the parents/staff about the issue.

8. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    I use to have some of those old see through red records. Mine were 33 1/2 not 78's. My wife put them up stairs in the attic and by the time I found out what she had done they were warped past usable.

That's not the worst she did. She decided she was going to move the records I had on the closet shelf to clean up there...she did ...she cleaned them out when she dropped them and broke everyone of them. I even had original edison one sided records.:sad2:
    When I went into the other room to see what happened she was sitting in the floor crying.

Jesse