Pro's Corner

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Whistler, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    About 6 months ago I set up a section in the library for our members that are "Professionals" to share a bit of their fishing knowlege with all of us. I didn't expect to see "Secrets", LOL. Just some good useful tidbits of info to help a new catfisherman or even a potential new tournament fisherman get started. Until yesterday, there were 5 lonely articles in there. For some reason we began getting a rash of posts in that section yesterday. So I'd like to explain the idea behind it. I'd like for this section to become a library of fishing information where any of us could point a new fisherman to and tell them to see how our resident pros do it. My criteria for approving posts in that section is pretty simple. I'd like good solid information that anyone can use in their everyday fishing. Pictures if applicable would add to this area greatly and make it that much better. I don't want to allow normal on topic chit-chat in there, because that would clutter it up and take away from what we want. Call it a "reference" area if you will. We have a ton of new guides, tournament fishermen and just those that are well versed in how to catch big or plentiful catfish. It wouldn't hurt to share some of your knowlege with our members and keep our tradition of being an information based catfish site alive. And I know about 15,000 people that would be highly appreciative for a place like that. And I promise that other than spelling or grammatical corrections, we won't alter your content at all. Never have and never will. Take a look at what's already there and see if you don't have some good solid info to add. Thanks Everyone. Here is a link to that area.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=433

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i like this idea, have seen some good info in the pros corner already

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Looks great Whistler. Thanks for all you work here on the -BoC-.

-Jim-

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Good idea, I will check it out.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thanks Bryan. We sincerely appreciate all of your and the other moderators support and guidance. You guys/gals are top notch.

6. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    bryan i do enjoy shareing info with folks. helpin them catch more fish .i have over 25 year under my belt and alot of lessons learned ,, i am a avid tournament angler, i follow all the major circuts and most of the time i do really well . but i am a little reluctent to start a thread in the pros corner. last month it seemed lots of folks had alot of differant opinons on whats a pro and whos a pro. in a thread that was started ,i remember it well it went on for weeks just hate to wright something in it and have folks think ,whos this guy think he is....a pro.. i guess im just confused on that whole" what makes a pro ,,,,thing"

there are prolly a dozen or more guys on this board that would love to share info. with every one .but again mite be a little reluctent... :confused2:

steve

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i'd pop ya for that one, Steve, but i have to wait 24hrs.....i am confident you have as much to add as any here. that's what it is about. it's about catfishing knowledge.

in my mind, the definition of pro is one that makes a living at it. not a lot of catfishermen doing that. at least, not many that aren't commercial fishermen. there are a whole lot more "pro" bass fishers out there than cat fishers...IMHO, i am thinking that Bryan really means AVID catter....and, may i be so bold as to suggest that he (and I) would welcome any post from someone that is able to contribute to anothers fishing skill...and i am sure you meet that criteria:big_smile:

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Steve,

I've read a lot of great info from you already. For the purposes of this section, you are a pro. You have tons of great knowlege and you are obviously a subject matter expert in keeping baits alive and catching fish so have at it. Nobody will ever think anything bad about you for sharing info. It's why we all came here to start with. To think that someone would ever want to turn the BOC into a "Professional's only" site is ludicrous. We are here for our members. To me, and I run the library for the most part, there is no such thing as a second generation professional. Or low end pro. We are all just fisherman with many different agenda's. Some people's attitudes about being a professional do more harm than it will ever do good. Hopefully we don't portray that type of mentality or attitude. Feel free to participate all you want. I've waited for many months for participation in that section, time to open the gates for info. Thanks Steve for bringing this up. I hope this explains it pretty well and takes the reluctance away.

9. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    phil i m not sure of the quote "id pop ya for that one or why you would have to wait 24hrs. i guess that one flew over my head lol.

10. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Steve,
    I just popped you one. :smile2: I think he was talking about rep points. He must have used it all up and needs to wait 24 hours so he can give out more reps for useful and helpful post like you just posted.

I would hope that the guys that have something to offer in this sections would be respected for what they have to offer. I know I sure do and would love to read and learn from your knowledge and experience. What I have learned from this site over the past year has increased my enjoyment and results. Plus it has saved me lots of trial and error by being about to learn from information on this site. Anyone that would have issue with someone like yourself that is just trying to help and pass on what you have learned. Well, I don't know what there agenda would be but I don't think you have that to worry about that on here. If that bad apple does show up I would not pay any attention to them and know them for what they are, wrong. It would be sad if someone that was willing to share information with others did not because of what a very few might think or say. That would cost many because of the actions of one. Just not right in my book.:sad2:
    As you can read from my little rant. I hope to be reading the information you have to share pretty soon.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Will submitten somethin in here put ya in that category of,"WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS" LOL!

12. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Big George,

That should be nothing new to you?

Most post(s) you make, people often say, "This guy has some nerve!"

LOL! :smile2:

13. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    On a side track, you need to fire up big george video productions again for when we start the revamped BOC video library! :wink:

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I know. I know. Trouble is my computer ignorance and findin a cameraman that don't drool. LOL!

15. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
  16. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats a great idea Bryan thanks.. going to look at it now