Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Pro's and Con's of Pay Lakes

29K views 78 replies 50 participants last post by  Don Fischer 
Ok heres my take on the subject. You can agree with it you can disagree with it or you can tell me to go take a leak up a rope it doesn't matter to me. If the owner of the paylake is running things by the book I see no problem with it at all. Now some of you may say that he is making a profit off of your natural resource and it ain't right. Well then why don't ya bash all the fishing guides out there? Are they not doing the same, making a profit off of your natural resource. Is it not the same resource the paylake owner is profiting from? Ok now let's go to the theory that they are dieing a slow miserable death in a paylake. Where is the proof of this? You saw or heard about a couple fish floating down at the local paylake. What does this prove? Have you never seen a dead fish in a public waterway? Can you actually say with out a shadow of a doubt that every single fish you released back into the water lived. I know we hate paylakes because the commercial fishermen supplying them are raping our waterways of trophy fish that you paid to catch. Well didn't the commercial fisherman pay to catch them also? So you say the commercial fisherman should not be allowed to take the trophy sized fish and sell them to the paylakes. Well he still has to make a living so now he just catches the smaller market sized fish, problem solved. But wait a minute wasn't all them big fish small fish at one time? Well that didn't fix the problem did it.

Now if the paylake owner is buying his fish from an individual illegally I have a problem there. There should be strict penalties for owners caught doing this. Also the person selling them the fish should have the book thrown at them.

I think alot of people have formed opinions on this subject that have no clue what they are talking about. You say that you have never fished a paylake and you never will but at the same time you know everything there is to know about the subject. Just because someones uncles brothers aunt went to one a posted something about it on the internet does not make it a fact. So unless you have first hand experience with a paylake ya really should be bashing on someone that has fished at one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.