Proposal/Consideration ... Want feeddback ...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Jun 15, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I have a proposal to make …. Considering the loss of our true dear friend and brother Tony Spergin …. I would like to propose that at the meeting/get together next weekend we set aside 30 minutes before we eat to give a memorial for Tony. Give everyone that would like to say something about Tony and their experiences with him, five minutes to do so. At the end of the time some one can offer up a prayer.

Also would be so bold as to suggest that we name our June get together the TSpergin Annual Reunion or Get together. These get togethers meant a lot to Tony and he always was interested seeing brothers and sister having a good time, as he always did. Tony meant a lot to me as he did to others and gave unselfishly to all who ask of his time and knowledge. I would like some input on this and then we can go from there. Garry-

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Garry that sounds like a great plan. What time will this happen? If Im not able to make it for the whole thing I will make it for that.

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    My suggestion would be to have the Memorial at 1:30 ... since we have planned to eat at 2:00 PM .... Need input from Jason454 since he is the offical organizer ... Garry-

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i just posted the same idea on the other thread. Glad another brother is thinking the same.... great idea! I also added, that I have hundreds of glowsticks and would like to give one to each member for fishing sat. night to place on a rod for a tribute to him, lets let Tony see us down here, and that we are thinking about him and the great place he now resides....rollo

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I think that would be a great idea too Jason .... I would still like to see the memorial around 1:30 ... that way probably more people could attend from further away .... and then have your Tribute in the evening after dark .... what do you think ???? Garry-

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that sounds fine garry. Most people will be traveling to different destinations to fish sat. night before dark. So I can just bring them to the memorial and set them out on a table for everyone to take one. Just alittle idea I had, and thought it would be a good gesture if everyone else doesn't object...rollo

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    That is just what we need Garry.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'd give anything to make it but my health problems as you know will keep me from attending. I Dearly miss Tony and I'll be there in spirit.
    Great idea Garry, really good one!!!:wink::big_smile:

Whenever the next time we go fishing, The Tri-State Catfishing Mafia we'll dedicate it for Tony and we will set up an extra unmanned pole for Tony. He won't be with us physically but he will be there spiritually. If we get a fish on that pole we will take a group picture of it and post it in memory for Tony.:wink::sad2:

9. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Ask and you shall receive fellow brothers. Great ideas from both of ya Garry and Jason!!

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I apologize about the double post, I'll ask for one to be removed...Sorry..I'm just a little tore up now.....:sad2:

Sorry again!!!