Proper planning

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by powercat, Jun 5, 2007.

1. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    Thought for catfishing that I picked up at a recent seminar. "Without proper planning expect p--- poor results".

2. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I usually expect those lackluster results, even though I do plan. That way I'm never let down, and downright surprised sometimes. :lol:

3. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I gave up trying to plans things?
    With the hours and days I work, and the hours and days my daughter works, we can't plan anything?

I do remember a time when I would get things ready through the week and have them ready by the weekend, but the fishing didn't seem to be any better?
    Now, if we decide to go, we throw things in the car and go?
    If we forget something, we didn't really need it, unless it's the bait?

I did forget the bait one time and we had to turn around after 20 miles:eek:oooh: to go home and get the bait? I thought about getting some along the way, but I didn't know if there would be any place to get some, since we hadn't been that direction before and didn't know what was out that way?

Going back to get the bait didn't do much good either, because we didn't catch anything:sad2:, but we got to see some places we hadn't been before, and we know not to go that way again to go fishing.

Ken

4. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    planning, thats a good one, my planning consists of having all my spot in one spot so when i do get the chance to go. everything is right where its supposed to be. forgeting bait isn't to much of a problem for me cause i get mine out of the river i'm fishin.

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Seneca, the Roman philosopher, got it right the first time: "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    ahh... the 6 p's....proper planning prevents pi** poor performance.

7. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    I thought it was "the 6 p's....proper planning prevents pi** poor phishing" :big_smile:

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    haha! i used to go see the band phish alot. my friends always said."do you phish cause you fish or do you fish cause you phish?" i said "neither" i phish cause i can afford it and i fish cause im bored."

9. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Dick
    WhatÂ’s to plan, everything I own for fishin is in the van and the boat. Well maybe some tackle box's and rods & reels in the basement that the grandkids are not big enough for. I do have to throw in some crackers, peanut butter, summer sausage and some cool things to drink. Bring it on I'm in a constant state of readiness. Now if things would quit breaking down and the honey do list would evaporate. And lately it could quit raining, and blowing Luck

10. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    All of the above were great answers. I sometimes make things way too difficult.