Propane heater for the gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Apr 2, 2008.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I have a question....I got a portable lil heater, but it needs the (hose adapter) that goes from the tank to the heater. does any hind of fit?:confused2:

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Robb, take the heater and tank plus the regulator to the local propane distributor and they will fix you up.
    the information you can provide here would not be sufficient to get a sure answer and a mistake with propane could be very serious.

3. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Robb I have one too,Colman makes a hose for it I think I got mine from Wally world.

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Robb, cant help you with the heater hose.... don't know where I got my years ago..... but I will bring my heater as well.....

By the way, :0a21:where do you plan on making the "camp site" for your tent with Bert?.... will it be near the launch ramp, or back in behind the gate across from where we were in September?

bayrunner ray

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Academy has all the adaptors for the propane heaters in stock, just go to the camping section w/what u need & they will fix u up!!!!

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    iwas gonna see if vince stillhas his heater. I have a half filled bottle of propane that would last for aweek:wink:

all of our camp sites will/can be behind the gate across the last place we camped. There is room for at least 5-6 tents and your RV plus all our vehicles. and still room:wink: I know one night Bert and i will camp across the river at the site you, your wife and i camped:wink: There are several other nice camp sites 30-50 yds away from the main site if people want more privacy or a lot of room. Anyone that has a boat trailor can park the trailors at our camp sites and also dock the boat(s) at the camp site as well.

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Here is pictures of the heater. Like to get a hose before the gathering:big_smile:

Attached Files:

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Robb, if your gonna use the portable propane tanks, then the hoses that most wall marts or other camping departments sales should work. just make sure you get the one that has the one end on hose that looks like the one on picture on back of motor home. if you need one that adapts to that to go to heater, will probably have to go to a shop like tom suggested.
    i have a hose i got from wall mart and used to use it every winter.
    gary

9. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Robb do you have the regulator that came with that heater?
    You'll notice the AGA ID plate has a pressure rating of 11 in W.G.
    What that means is pressure to raise a water Column 11 inches and equates to around 1/2#PSI.
    The regulator that came with that heater was adjusted to that pressure.
    Other regulators may not supply enough fuel to support the heater resulting in flame out and potential explosion, likewise if to much fuel is supplied the same result could occur.
    Do what you want with it but I'll tell you again that propane is nothing to take chances with.
    Unlike natural gas which is lighter than air propane is heavier than air and tends to hang around near the ground that the appliance is sitting on instead of dispersing. You can picture the rest.

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Icalledthe company. It wasmade in 1981 and they have no parts at all for them:embarassed::angry::embarassed:
    Canitake it to place to match up th ratings to what I need?

11. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Go to the Suburban propane dealer out on south Cherry. Take the heater and your tank. They should be able to fix you up.
    All you ned is a regulator that they can adjust to the right output if they don't have one allready set for it and a hose.
    No big deal, You just want to make sure you get the right ones.

12. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Hopefully wont need a heater but i'll get out the first day of the gathering or night rather and you can keep it out there the whole weekend Robb.

13. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Vini.... good to see that your comming..... bring your pan with you and lets see if the mendota dirt has any specks in it.....

bayrunner ray...

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on Vince, Thanks!

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Vini,

It will be good to "Hook-Up" with you again, "(what am I saying :0a14:) " it will be good to "Hook-Up" with all of you guys again. :0a23:
    :wink:

Oh Yea :roll_eyes:- I Almost forgot:

Hey Robb,
    "6 More Days"! :0a23: :go::0a22:
    LoL

16. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I may bring out the high banker and we can move some material LOL there just night be some finegold or flour gold Mendota nuggets that would be something .

I'll be out Friday evening for sure bringing my woman she wants to fish too be good to see you all,,, been awhile :eek:oooh:.

I did go out to Whispering winds park out on Kings canyon going towards pine flat lake they opened this park up with about 4 ponds its been closed for 2 years but they kept feeding the fish and there have been some nice fish taken out recently. I Lost one real big bass got a 1 pound bass in, a small crappie and we had several BIG BITES on stink bait theres cats out there, They charge $5.00 to get in and any fish you keep get charged by the pound.

There are picnic benchs and cheesy BBQ's out there and lots of shade but I am betting the fish run out soon lots of folks catching fish and keeping them.

See you all on Friday

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Cool Vince, you gonna camp? Let me know if you want me to safe or clean up a space for a tent or anything:wink:See you out there

18. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    No no camping ( though I do own a tent trailer now and will be coming out there later in the year with it) I have to get up early Saturday morning taking Jenn dredging with me up to finegold creek North fork area for the day.

Yes will be good to meet up with all of you smelly fishermen again :smile2:

19. shumanator20

shumanator20 New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice big catfish

20. shumanator20

shumanator20 New Member

State:
    ohio
    did u guys get them on a shed or goldfish