propane/diesel

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ShilohRed, Mar 13, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Now we know why Propane is gone so high.
    Shell GTL movie on Entrypark.com Using it to mix with Diesel to make a cleaner burning diesel.
    pete

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    people have been using propane with diesel for years, not only to make a cleaner burning diesel fuel, but it also help to increase the efficientcy of a diesel motor. for a long time people were just mixing the 2 because when you add propane to diesel it burns hotter, thus burning the fuel more efficiently, which in turn gives you better gas mileage, more available horsepower, and more torque. it wasnt until everyone started going green that they said "oh yeah, and it burns cleaner too. "

3. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    You are correct. Its called DPI. (Digital propane injection) Gives you a mountain of HP. Its the next step to the upgrades in my truck.

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I learn something new every day around here. Thanks.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Sorry guys your not on the right track. Its not being injected like years past. They turn propane into a liquid and mix it with standard diesel.
    Its not put in a propane tank and injected .
    Go to this link
    http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1435946231
    did not get the right link in the first one.
    pete

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
  7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    will it help out in a 1/4 run and if so, how do you add it. :big_smile:

8. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    It pulls a 32 foot camper. But its mainly just for play. Its got 4" exhaust turbo back, stage 2 cold air intake, X-wheel compressor, Edge juice computer with a attiude multi stage monitor and a dual friction clutch to keep those back tires turning.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20035&d=1168391298

9. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i know people that just use it to cruise around with. a 45lb tank of propane was only like 20 bucks with a turn in and would last you a long time if you arent burning off your tires. i know people that would just use it on the highway to help with thier gas mileage, plus out here people are always towing stuff to phoenix and san diego, and it really helps with thier mileage and towing power.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
  11. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    They don't have to turn propane into a liquid because it's LPG "Liquid Propane Gas" I know because I have poured it into a glass jar more than 40 years ago and it ain't cheap any more I payed almost $3.00 a gal.for the last I bought."LPG" propane is a rip off these days I have pumped many thousands of gallons at 10 cents a gallon.And the fact is if you make gasoline you get LPG as a byproduct and as a matter of fact in the days gone by they just burned it off to get rid of it.I grew up in the LPG business and my father had our family car (a 1956 Ford) running on it.