Prop markings

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by riddleofsteel, May 16, 2007.

1. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I bought a spare prop for my 1983 Suzuki 5 HP two stroke twin. On the old prop it is marked.

F610
    200x170

I ordered a prop from Browns Point Marine because they showed props in stock under the F610 part number for 1983 5 HP Suzuki's. When the new prop came in it is marked;

F610
    200x190

I have poured over the parts book for this engine and the web site for Browns and can not seem to find the specs for the 200x170 prop but I know something must be different. Anybody know what the markings mean?

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    A difference in pitch I'd think, that's usually what the second number determines

3. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I did some digging and I "think" that the 170 prop is a 6.6" pitch and the 190 prop is a 7.4" pitch prop.

I also check the box the prop came in and it is marked F710 so they sent the wrong prop.

Before I send it back what is that gonna do to performance? If you can use that term for a 5 HP engine.

As I understand it it will run faster top end and have slower out of the hole and pulling power.

How much difference will 6.5 to 7.5 make?

Thanks

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    only trying it will tell. you may not get up to speed with a load.

5. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the help. I contacted the company and they have a prop of the original pitch in stock. I think I will trade it in. The 200x190 props were stock on the 6 HP models. I may not have enough to turn it to speed.

Thanks again