Profile/ Avatar Pictures on the BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DeerHunter01, Jun 1, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would just like to remind everyone thats on the BOC about Avatar pictures that you put up on the board.

1 st.

Very simple rule : Must be a photo of you ! Yep thats right just you, now you can have a fish holding in your photo or holding your child on your lap or a dog licking your face but the photo must be of you !

The photo must be clear and we would be able to tell who you are, not a photo from 300 ft of you standing in the water holding a fish that we can't tell if its you or Mrs President Clinton :eek:oooh: ! or a photo of your arm or Back.

Your Profile Picture is a photo that you can put in your profile and its not shown on the board its one where someone would have to click on your profile to see it, it can be pretty much of anything you like except xrated photos or photos that may cause a big problem on this board.

Here is the section where its posted on the rules for Avatars this is a picture that shows on the board when you make a post.

Click here for rules

9. Avatar and Profile Pictures

The Avatar picture option was created to allow members to visually identify who they are talking to and create an atmosphere of friendship by sharing your personal image, "Your face". This option does create a more favorable environment for all and is strictly voluntary to participate in.

The Avatar picture option will only contain a relatively recent photo of yourself and will not be abused by placing advertisements, pictures of dogs, cats, cartoons, or other images or other forms of animated media.

The Profile picture can be used to display another photo that you like as long as the picture is in good taste and does not contain advertisements.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps some I am also going to make this post in the MEMBER WORLD DISCUSSION for any comments you may have, its very simple rule and we will not change this rule its been in place since I been a member here so please don't try to change our minds .. Thank you

BOC Staff

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    There has been a few Avatars changed this morning so if you see a BOC change your Avatar picture in your profile and got any questions please PM me about this.

The Picture has to be of you and we should be able to see your face, and not too close its very simple just a plain picture of you so we can see who you are.

Thanks
    Boc Staff

3. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    what about arlingtons plastic fish?

4. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Clayton, don't pick on John, He might let you use his fish in your next avatar:lol: :cool2: :eek:oooh: