Professional Catfishermen

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ohiocattin15, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know there is an association for the pros, but where do they compete and how do you get in?

i am no where near good enough, ive been winning and placing in tournaments and im just interested in hearing more about it, heck someday it could have its own TV show covering it.

2. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Read up on "King Cats" if you want to learn what is out there. If you don't find it here that is.

3. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i know those are big money cabelas tournaments, but aren't they open to the public?

i was just wondering if theres a series that is an "invitational", where the best of the best compete

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have never heard of an "Invitational Catfish Tournament" yet!!! And to answer your first question, YES!!!

5. brother terry

brother terry New Member

State:
    texas
    King kats...Ken freeman runs a tourney trail also...in Texas we have lots of tourney trails..I do not think you have to anything but maybe join by paying a membership fee....some have championships at the end of the season that you must qualify for but rather than that most welcome new guys and as far as being a pro....any given tourney you could catch the winning stringer or big fish...some guys got it down a little better than others but catfishermen tend to be a friendly group of guys that love fishing and competing and sharing techs and secrets...good luck....

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Catfishing is the up and coming new outdoor sport, sure alot of us have been doing it our whole lives, but it is just now getting its time in the spotlight. We are a few years from an invitational tourny. But you are right the time is coming