prodo lake 11-13/14 trout

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by 92yj, Nov 11, 2008.

1. 92yj

92yj New Member

State:
    ca
    prodo lake will be stocking this week and saturday 11-15 if the opener out there. my family and i will be camping out there this weekend. so if any one is up for some trout come on out. oh i will also have a cat rod with some mackerel in the water just in case they want the play.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I Think it was some 25 years ago, that a buddy and I went there to camp and fish.... Lots of "close together" camping, and noisy folks throuh the night... fishing was near non-existance... I believe you have to get a lake permit to fish....I dont think that it is a24 hr. lake to fish....

Bayrunner Ray

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    thanks for the info on the lake stocking

4. 92yj

92yj New Member

State:
    ca
    ya you have to pa for the permit and parking.
    http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/Parks/prado1.htm

5. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    when i got back into fishing, thats where i fished the most then i went to glen helen off the 15frw.

anyways, it is a pay lake, the line gets long on the weekends(fri-sun) usual around 15 bucks for fishing and entry, they do enforce the 2 pole law as well as your ca fishing lic. you cannot fish at night, not a state park but county, they do enforce rules too.

i have had the best luck near the 2nd bridge at the water filters, you will see a range of bubbles coming to the top, just cast your fav bait out there for some action on cats

i have not fished there for trout, so your guess is mine

good luck

6. 92yj

92yj New Member

State:
    ca
    well it was fun out there. didn't land any thing big. had a big run but it broke me off. the trout was just not biting. i seen 2 the whole weekend. hope we all had a good weekend, god bless.