PROCTOR LAKE CARP

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by JEFFRODAMIS, Jun 2, 2009.

1. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Anybody had any luck on boilies here? ive caught plenty on accident on minnows and several on purpose with big red and wheaties but ive been through about 3 gallons of different flavored boiles on hairs and havent got anything more than felling them play with it...maybe i should set them up on a bolt..using a ledger rig now on 12" liter #4 and 6 hooks..no takers just lookers

2. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would fish the boilies in conjunction with a pack bait or method around an inline gripper or method feeder. Match the flavor of boilie to the flavor of pack or method. I would go to a bolt rig and a 3 to 6 inch leader to maximize the bolt effect.

3. Bigfish18

Bigfish18 Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    MC,

What is the diference between a pack bait and method bait? I have always wondered that.

4. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    In my opinion, it is just the wording basically. But when i think of method I think cracked corn and oats, seed mixed in with many pellets. For lack of a better term more complex than the ingredients in pack, although pack flavors can be as complicated and complex as wanted or needed. Method will break on bottom, as does pack. Also, pack does not require a method feeder, you can mold it around puffs or whatever the pick up is. Some method will not stick well to a simple puff.

5. Bigfish18

Bigfish18 Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thats a good answer. Thanks