Problems with the BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverKing, Sep 13, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Was anyone else having problems connecting with the BOC last night??? I was able to get on other web sites, but when i tried to log onto the BOC it sad "BAD GATEWAY"..Im not real computer savey, so im not sure what the problem was...Anyone else experience this???

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    yep, there were some issues last night that have carried over this morning somewhat

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Yeah, Mine said it couldn't locate www.catfish1.com and to be sure I spelled it right! It was a link in "my favorites list though" so I couldn't have misspelled it! Figured it was an external problem.

4. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Its annoying to want to log on and not be able too. :crazy:

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Im just glad i wasnt the only one, thought there maybe something wrong with my new computer

6. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Yep Had Problems My Self, Done Thought I Got Thrown Out And The Boc Done Changed It's Ip Address.lol

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I was worried that when it said try again in like 48000 seconds the staff was tryin to tell me that I spend too much time on here.I was all tore up!!!

8. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Yes indeed, a bunch of problems with the site last night. I could not get in for a long time and then when I did, a couple of posts I made, did not make it.

The PM feature would not let me send a PM, said I had to wait "X" amount of time before sending another one. But, I had not sent one in several hours. So, I waited the 4 minutes or so, to try and send the PM again and once more it tells me I have to wait. I finally gave up.

Then, I log out and come back on, and find out that my Rep power has dropped 6 points and that I had 69 new Rep comments. But, I checked the User CP and had no new Rep comments etc etc.

Things have gone totally haywire in cyberspace.

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have been busy and haven't been on much in the last few days so I guess I missed some excitement. :lol:

10. liverboy

liverboy New Member

State:
    Tonopah, Arizona
    Yeah i think....cause for a little while everytime i try to get on the BOC it took a long time to load and get on the BOC for some reason.....so i just waited for a little while and then got back on and it was a lil better! :big_smile:

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    It wouldn't let me on here, some type of server problem I think.

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I posted in another thread about my thoughts on how the BOC has grown over the last three or four years. A lot of features have been added which sort of takes it away from its intended purpose of being a focal point for catfishing. It is just my opinion that these growing pains have several times crashed the server, increased the opertating costs to the BOC, and, stictly my opinion not necessarily shared by any other member, has not made the BOC better for the members. Look at how many features there are that has been added which has nothing to do with any type of fishing what-so-ever. Guess I am just getting old and crotchety. Just hate to wade through 900 posts to find the interesting fishing threads. I have blocked as much as I can, and the system won't let me block any more - darn it.