Problems catching catfish in Ohio lakes

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chris45601, Jul 10, 2006.

1. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Any one Having any problems on the sicoto, paint, rocky fork, Deer Creek, or any other lake in ohio. I can't get fish to hit and I used a wide varerity of bait this past few weeks.

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    From reading all the posts here, been bad all over the few weeks.. I see alot of posts where they fish just aint eatin all that great... Should start picking up here real quick.. Just keep at it

3. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yep seems that way and thanks I'm gonna try to get out this weekend and hit it hard looking around at the structure maps of a couple choice places and I have all weekend just limited on money (go figure) but im sure i can make do

4. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Chris, I have been doing real well at Rocky Fork Lake for the past month or so. Best night was 12 channels with 3 between 8.25 and 8.5 pounds. What has been working for me if fishing the weed beds. They run out to about 5' of water then stop. Fish just on the other side of them in 6'-8' of water using a float about 4'-5' deep with fresh cut bluegill. Seems to be working better than cut shad this year.

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't know about the lakes but in the rivers the bite hasn't been all that great. Now we got a rain moving in to make matters worse.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Chris, I live in chillicothe also.

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    seems the fishing has been horrible all over Ohio this year. i have talked to guys who fish pay-ponds and apparently its the same there.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just an off year for Ohio. It will get better, just keep at it.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Is it Mellon???

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Gary, remember that he reads this. (But I am laughing hehehe)

11. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    I have been targeting the deeper water at CJ Brown where Buck creek meanders into the lake at times I have been suspending cut shad as deep as 30 foot under a big bobber..........Doc

12. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    5. There is no bait

4. There is no hook on the end of the line

3. There is no line on the reel

2. There is no water in the lake

And the number one reason for not catching cats in Ohio lakes is

1. You are not in Ohio

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I'm not catching either . . .

13. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Keep on trying, your luck will change. Keep your bait fresh as possible to improve your chances and very the baits depth, even try a slip float.

14. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Welp, thats the only thing a person can do maybe it will turn around this weekend. Im going to hit up paint and scioto just try moving around every hour or so and some new spots so who knows going to try to find some deeper holes in scioto i think thats my main problem i been trying to fish of the sand bar where al it basicly is, a flat.Going to go for fishing the bridge structure a lot deeper there and structure and the spill way in paint creek