Problem with my abu6500c4

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by OHFishmanB, Nov 29, 2006.

1. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I was at the river over the weekend and ran into a problem with my abu. As I was reeling it in, the roller on the top of the reel that guides the line onto the spool got stuck on the left side of the reel. I cannot get it to go back to the right. When I reel, it puts all of the line on the left side. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am planning on taking it apart this weekend and lubricating it, but I don't know if that will help.

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I send all mine out as I don't like to mess with them but before you take it apart, either get your exploded view from your original package or get one online, so you'll know how to put it back together & whatever parts you might need to replace.

Good luck:big_smile:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The problem is simple... the pawl is worn. You can get a new pawl at Bass Pro's or Academys for about $3.50. It is an extremely difficult repair, but if you can put your shoes on you should be able to handle it. LOL

Afterthought, it could also be the worm gear. But I would replace the pawl first. Worm gears are also available at the above stores.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Awshucks is right. It's an easy repair and usually I will replace the worm gear and pawl.

5. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    had the same problem over the summer and it was as simple to fix changed the worm gear and prawl works fine now

6. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Great, thank you all. I will give it a shot this weekend.