Problem with Abu Garcia 7000ic3

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by SkipEye, Apr 16, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    A while back I forgot my clicker was on and slung my bait out with a 16 oz weight on the line. The clicker broke on me. Pulled the side cover off and found the brass "Y" thingy was tweaked off of the pawl. I took it off and it didn't seem sprung or anything, so reassembled onto the pawl again. Still no good, if a fish hits even it will pop off the pawl in short order so my clicker is useless.

What should I replace, the brass "Y" thingy AND the pawl?:confused2:

Where can I get parts? BP doesn't carry any.

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    DANG SKIP a 16 oz sinker:smile2::eek:oooh::wink: Plus the bait:eek:oooh::smile2: No wonder it went down casting with the clicker on:wink: Yes replace the thin brass weird shaped thingy and look at the gear closely see if ya wore it down casting BRICKS:cool2::wink:

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I think bass pro has a reel repair service that is pretty reasonable. I am not sure if they do it all in one central location or if it is a service that varies from store to store. You may be able to do some research on that and find out.

You also might try talking to someone in the reel section and they might be able to get the parts from the reel repair service if they don't d it in store.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ya gotta do what you gotta do on the BIG rivers Sam!:roll_eyes: 16oz was the flavor of the day to hold bottom.

Kinda like your 80lb anchor to hold the boat in the Oklahoma wind!:smile2:

5. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I havent ever had that happen, but I have heard reeling in your line with the clicker on will wear the gears out! Must have been calm current, if you were only using 16oz!:smile2: Seriously, thats common here on parts of the Mississippi and you have to use alot of wieght if you fish by the dykes and in seams. I have used 24oz to keep a big bait down in rough current.....when a 8-10lber hits in that current he feels alot bigger!:eek:oooh:

6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    always a good idea to have a few extra pawls on hand, fishing in heavy current is really tough on them. I keep a few extra in my tackle box and have changed them on the water before, having them on hand can be a real trip saver.

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Dang Skip Ya just ruined that Reel,But not to worry cause old John Boy will give You $10.00 dollars for it,But only Cause Your My BOC BROTHER.What Ya Say DEAL?:wink: LOL All Kiddin aside I did the same thing once and Got so Mad at Myself I chucked the Reel in the river,Ya I Know real smart right. No body ever said I was Smart. J.D.

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sorry to hear your having problems out of your pole i hope you can get it fixed soon