The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
At this stage of the forum game, perhaps the powers that be should be looking to block the deluge of spammer registrations and spam posts first and foremost.

BBK,
I dont see it either on my laptop. Apparently if you use a certain app on your phone you automatically see it. I ve gotten tired of all the crap posted here and elsewhere from both sides. So i dont even look at it.

Forums generate money thru adds and the number of views. The HI forum generates lots of traffic. I don't see it going anywhere.
there's maybe a dozen of us that post/argue there consistently ......
i doubt there's much $ made there .......

·
Premium Member
11,011 Posts
The Hi forum is nothing more than Flat Top, Tommy Dean, Welder and several other wanting to overthrow the United States Government. They have beet spreading every lie or conspiracy theory they can find for the past 6 months to flush the election down the toilet and override the actual vote. Flat Top has posted over 500 times and not a single word about catfishing in months.

If you want to see it, it is open to all ages. Just click the Index button and slide down to High Intensity. Lots and Lots of pure crap there.

Now if you were setting up a catfish tournament and wanted to spread the word on here to draw cat fisherman to it, that would not be permitted. You would be using someone else site to promote your own thing. BUT if you just want to overturn an American election with crap you heard on the internet, this is the perfect place. These type folks get throw off facebook and other social media but this is the perfect home for them to puke up their garbage.

The HI forum used to be accessed by permission only. When the new platform was installed we were told that they could no longer keep it by request only. Me, knowing some about how these forums work, don't believe that is actually true. But I am not in Admin any longer so can't check it. The only reason it is being permitted to exist is because the owners want the tons of chatter to draw advertisers. If you don't mind a site that doesn't care what lies people spread in an attempt to overturn democracy in the United States, This is the spot.

·
Premium Member
11,011 Posts
Since welder started this post it appears he needs to learn what freedom of speech actually is. You are on a private website. If someone is in your home saying things you don't like, you throw them out. What about their freedom of speech. If you saying something while on private property and get thrown out is that a violation of your freedom. If the owner of the property (website) does not allow anyone to use the word dummy, then he is totally within his rights to have someone using that word removed. Learn where you have rights and where you don't.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I finally found it. Nothing in there for me, I generally like talking politics but that was something else. Reminds me of this past weekend when I was working an outdoor show, a guy came up to the booth and was looking at a gun we were raffling off. I knew he looked a bit strange, but I still screwed up and asked how he was doing. This one question started a 10 minute rant about the democratic party, how they are taking all our guns, how they are killing all our freedoms, ruining the country and how they should all be killed. I just stood there and said "ok, yes, I understand" because I was taught to respect elders in public. I just let him go on until he was finally done and then went on to the next customer. The two threads I just read were exactly like this.

I think the old idea of "dont want to hear it, dont listen" comes to play here... just ignore it.. let them talk about whatever they want. As long as it isnt in the catfishing forums, it literally has no impact on me what so ever. With that being said, I didnt care about it before I found it.. didnt care about it afterwards. Changed nothing in my day other than about 5 minutes of "what the heck am I reading".

Life goes on... now lets warm this earth a bit and get to catfishing again. Anyone have a remote to fast forward us to June?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts