The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
....then let's have a "singles" forum or maybe a "how to buy a rodeo horse" forum or maybe "Running deer with Dogs" or "basic electronics" forum, too - the point is this is a catishing message board. Everything else just dilutes what the purpose is and is a distraction - like my post here. No one learned anything about how to target a Midwest flathead in water less than 50F.

·
Registered
899 Posts
"...... the point is this is a catishing message board. Everything else just dilutes what the purpose is and is a distraction ......."

should we also get rid of the hunting section here on CF1 ?
how about we get rid of the prayer request section also ?

·
Registered
578 Posts
This forum has always had a hi and if someone doesn't want to participate in it dont go there and talk catfishing.there no catfishing for me to talk about really right now because its mid winter here in mi.come spring i will talk catfishing again but still visit hi.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I recently found my way out of that quagmire.

I use the Catfish1 app on my phone, and go directly to “New Posts.” I don’t limit myself to just a few forum categories, because there is a LOT of good information on this site. However, that approach always had the HI making up the vast majority of new posts.

Clicking “ignore” in the app only blocked the posters, not the HI section. After going to the website and looking at ALL of the settings options for my account, I finally sent a message to the Admin through the “contact us” page. (I assume that a DM would also work)

While we currently do not have direct control over what subforums we can toggle on/off... ADMIN DOES! All I had to do was ask, and they removed my “permission” to view HI.

I asked Dan in Admin to put this under the forum announcement subforum, but haven’t seen it yet.

If you want OUT of the HI nonsense, all you need to do is contact Admin & make that request. It’ll be just like the “good old days” of when you had to ask permission to get in!

You guys that are in there... have fun. It’s just a place that I personally don’t want to spend my time.

Let’s all just get back on the water soon & talk fishing some more!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I see the hi everytime I get on the app. I only look on my phone no computer at home. Usually see 6 newest post 4 of 6 usually political crap. Got tired of it kinda like watching the news. Found other fishing sights spend most my evening there now. I wanna learn more about fishin not about a bunch of hacks I cant do anything about anyway I vote that's all I can do

·
Registered
221 Posts
The high intensity forum...It's pretty much political chat

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
867 Posts
BBK,
I dont see it either on my laptop. Apparently if you use a certain app on your phone you automatically see it. I ve gotten tired of all the crap posted here and elsewhere from both sides. So i dont even look at it.

Forums generate money thru adds and the number of views. The HI forum generates lots of traffic. I dont see it going anywhere.

Reactions: Todd In Texas
1 - 20 of 26 Posts