Pro Wrestling

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by The Out-Fisherman, Oct 6, 2005.

1. The Out-Fisherman

The Out-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Charleston, SC
    I know there are some pro-wrestling fans in the house...Anyone want to talk wrestling? I've been following it since the mid-80's...

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I Used To From Mid 70's Up Till Mid 90's Now Is A Joke. Replace It On Tv With Some Good Fishing Show Hell Even Bad Fishing Show Would Be Better

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    To much DRAMA and baloney to bother following it now. Sure did enjoy Bruno Sanmartino and good old George the Animal Steel. Always wondered what turnbuckle he would eat first. LOL! Stan the man Staziack,Gorrilla Monsoon,Ivan Putski and Ivan Koloff. Of course every wrestler that cashes a check now a days has good old Hulk Hogan to thank for it.

4. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    I used to watch wrestling in the 70's , 80's and early 90's ...

but the closest thing to the way used to be is ECW ...
    but that program hasnt been on in about 2 years ...
    when the WWE bought its rights ...

but I will always remember the likes of Hulk Hogan , Ric Flair , Kerry Von Erich , the JYD , Superfly , Tito Santana , Road Warriors , R&R Express , the Freebirds , a young HBK (when he was with Marty Janetty) , Sting , the Steiner Bros.

my favorite ECW stars : the Sandman , Tommy Dreamer , RVD , Tazz , the Dudley Boyz , Francine , Beluah boy i miss that show ... and i cant forget Joey Stlyes ... and Paul Hayman ....

5. The Out-Fisherman

The Out-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Charleston, SC
    I watch the WWE now, mainly because a lot of my WCW favorites are still on the show...but I enjoyed the NWA of the 80's the most.

Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn and Ole Anderson ruled as the Four Horsemen. Tag-teams were popular as well - the Road Warriors, Rock n' Roll Express, and Midnight Express led by tennis racquet-wielding Jim Cornette.

Wrestling hasn't been the same since WCW was sold...there's really no other choice but WWE now - I miss the competition.