Pro-Techt Bimini Top

Discussion in 'Boating' started by roh1961, Oct 12, 2006.

1. roh1961

roh1961 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've seen many types of umbrella mounts but they always have drawbacks. Has anyone tried the bimini tops from Pro-Techt. ( http://www.pro-techt.com/product.cfm ) They look like they would make casting easier plus not having to take it up and down every time you move. I am trying to save up some cash to try them out the next summer. Some things never change, it's still hot in Texas in the summer. I have two to get and they are very expensive. I'm sure that I would be better off to get one first to try it out before doubling my costs.

Attached Files:

2. amcclure

amcclure New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Have you thought about getting a top like the ones on biminitop.net that is the kind i'm thinking about getting. Just a thought for you.

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    They look effective but expensive as you mentioned. I'm not really sure how they would hold up while underway in a boat ?

If whatever supplier/vendor you get one from, will give you a unconditional money-back warranty, then I'd go for it.

Good luck & keep us posted:smile2:

4. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Wind speeds up to 15mph??? If I recall correctly that would be considered as almost calm in some parts of TX, you did not mention what kind of boat you are considering mounting this on but it it is large enough that you would need two of them I believe you should consider a honest to goodness bimini top of a size that will give the protection you are looking for and still allow room for casting.

5. roh1961

roh1961 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I forgot to mention my boat type. I have a 16' crappie style aluminum boat with stick steering (Triton 1653SS). There are two main seats and the livewell is padded for another person to sit on. Most of the time there's just two people but I have an umbrella rigged up for the extra person. I thought about getting or making a bimini top but it would severely restrict fishing in a boat as small as mine. I like the fact that they can be mounted to the swivel plate so they follow the seat when it rotates. I just don't think the umbrella that mounts to the seat back supplies enough coverage from the sun.