Pro Cat and Tiger

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Brentkeele, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Just picked up a new pro cat at catfish connection and while I was in the spending mood, I went ahead and got an Ugly Stick Tiger Lite on which to place it. Can't wait to use it!!

[​IMG]

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brent congrats on the new equipment. Should serve you well. Now go catch that new PB.

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Brent that's a nice looking set up right there.....Fish on!!!

4. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    "Congrats"
    Looks like a good set up to me!
    Good Luck/Catch a Bigen!

5. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm jealeous:embarassed:

6. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Brent,
    You should be happy with those! I was torn between that reel and the "Green Cat" I purchased three green cats to go with my american spirit 7'6" rods. Good luck with your new rig! Tim

7. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I, too, was torn between the two. I am hoping to return in the next coupla weeks and pick up a green cat and another tiger lite rod. That would give me a blue cat, a green cat, and a black cat:cool2:

8. Jeremy10

Jeremy10 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I am also getting the pro cat and i am going to put it on a 3/4 ton team catfish rod and i am going to put on 50 pound power pro, so i am very excited to get it

9. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Team Catfish rods look great in their videos, catchy name for their rods! Good Luck, Tim

10. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Now i have a question were you by chance able to compare the lite to the original tiger rod ? i was told or read somewhere that the action on the newer heavy powered lite was more like the original MH powered rods .

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    congrats on the new equipment.

12. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    Congrats on the reel and rods. You got a winner in that abu.

13. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    The action on the lite is listed as 14 - 40 lbs. It feels a lot like some of the lighter non-lite tigers

14. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Congrats on the equipment!

15. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well I'm not sure how I missed this post, but any way did you decide on redoing them handles on the other, I can drop that knife off some time if ya want or maybe next weekend if it isn't nice I'll run by and you can chop on them :eek:oooh:
    Oh yea I have to say, them rods and reels will look mighty nice next to the Dr. Seuss tackle box I for-see in the future :smile2:

16. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish??? You're a funny sob Randy :smile2::smile2:

17. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Bwaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaa Haaaaaaa better watch it, this could earn ya a new avatar name :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Rainy days are good for Photo Shop now, I heard that once any way..

18. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    im about to order a green cat and put it on a tiger lite H action to make my 3rd one setup that way. I really like that setup, that rods got a great feel to it, even down the grip being larger where your palm is on the rod, ive been impressed.

a little pricey at about $160 each rod and reel, but im hoping the longevity of the abu and ugly stik will pay off in the long run.