Private Messages

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Billy Jo, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    How private are the messages you send? Just woundring,The other day sent message to friend with info on how to get a hold of a person he was looking for on another fishing site and someone from the BOC removed the name of the site. I always though a private message was private. But I guess it dosen't work that way on the BOC. So you better watch what you say, Big brother will be watching...

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    There is a filter on the server that runs automatically and pulls many phrases automatically, some of which are competition against the BOC.

3. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    What competition?????:crazy::big_smile:

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ya know when the weather is going to change, when your knees hurt?

Ya ever get a gut feeling when you know something and can't quite put your finger on it?

Have ya walked by someplace and know you have been there before?

Now I know why I have had that feeling.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Funny that any one would actually think theres competition .:big_smile:

6. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Kind of funny that the BOC with over 15000 members would be worred about a little competition. I don't know of any other catfishing fishing site that covers every thing from ( stink bait to the color of your car ) would be worred about a little competition.

7. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    That reminds me of the time I sent my resume out from my work email address. :smile2:

If you are a woman, you know how to make some things work to your advantage. :wink:

I got the other job and a raise at the one I was at too! LOL

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Private means secluded from the sight, presence, or intrusion of others. Perhaps a disclaimer should appear after the word Private. It might be helpful to be on the same page in our dealings with one another.

John

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well while we are on the subject we might as well get it out in the open.

NOTHING, is private on the ether net, especially with GOOGLE. Do some research. Google is the only one that didn't have to disclose or destroy gathered info (to the US government) from what we do on their search engines or sites. Something was hinted at in the article that I read that in the future there will be something called 'profiling' and Google may end up making a fortune selling 'profiles' for profit.

Scary, isn't it, but BIG BROTHER has snuck up on us and took us over............now this post should probably be moved to HI. BTW, there is an interesting thread there about freedoms, please go read it.

Nothing is sacred anymore. I come here to get away from the doom and gloom and here I am posting on the very thing I come here to get away from. My depression or withdrawals from trying to get off of my depressants is really starting to show.....................I better shut up NOW.

Y'all take care.
    Cheryl

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Why should this be moved to HI. This involves all members of this forum. In good faith I speak, write and offer my good wishes to this forum. I don't pull punches, I don't expect members to pull punches with me. I am not mad about this (I am furious). But more than mad I am sad.

Sad for a state where we have to realize that we are monitored like children in a kindergarten. Now I will shut up. Anything more I say will be misinterpreted, and that is a shame.

John.

11. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    I don't think our PMs are read by BOC staff like a few are thinking here. I think you were subject too a word filter that protects the paying Sponsors and keeps other forums from pirateing (sp?) members from this forum. Lets remember how kick @$$ this place is & there's competition out there that want a peice of it.

I agree though, as far as any other forum being competition with this one is crazy.:cool2:

JMO

J

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    John,

IF I were my old self, which I am NOT today, I would say I didn't care about big brother watching us, but somehow, today it infuriates me too. I am not talking about the BOC here, I am talking about the US government, Google, and in essence BIG brother, and that anything said on the ether net may very well come back one day in the future and bite me in the behind or someone else here.

This is why sometimes I take my pic down, why sometimes I don't comment anymore, when used to I would have. Heck insurance is now based on my credit rating, and now getting a job is based on my credit rating, how soon before, what I have said on the ether affects my credit rating, insurance, job???????

I am rambling here. I am totally out of it today. I wonder if a beer would help? Probably, but not going there either. Sometimes I think I gotta totally unplug from society (and the only one left for me is on the ether, nowadays), just to regroup and see if myself is left anywhere in my head.

Call the white coats, I'm ready! :crazy:

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Ok, I feel I have to say this too.

If we are a brotherhood and sisterhood, then we have to realize this is PAUL's baby. He, in essence, is our boss. That being said, we also have to realize this is a catfishing forum that is business oriented. NOW with that being said, YES, there are competitors out there.

AND yes, the competitors do and have tried sabotage in the past. I have chosen to stay here because I consider a lot of the people on here, friends.........as much as you can have friends, that you have never met. There are only 3 people on this entire forum that I have ever met personally, and 2 remain friends, even though I only met them once and very casually. There are members that have left that I still miss, and some of them I no longer have contact with, some I do.

I am a stupid, gullible woman, who wants to believe the best about people, and even try to still find decency in the one that I was closest to here, and is not my friend any longer............not sure that they ever were...........but that is where my stupidity and gullibility comes into play.

I have had others try to lure me from here, but perhaps I really am OCD or ADD, or ADHD, or some other stupid psychoanalytic babble. But I have come to consider this my home on the ether. I used to joke and say, NO I'm not psycho, I'm socio, but the truth is, I don't like to hurt anyone, and often end up only hurting myself..............wonder what that is called...........? Just plain crazy, I guess.

OOOPS, thought I was on the rambling thread.

Moderators, delete my posts, if you deem necessary. But remember Google will still have this enlightening post, forever and a day. BUT they truly have to be able to tell if I am BS'ing, or being honest. Now I wonder if they can.........
    Cheryl

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    First,I have thought these things out for years.Every since the first time something of mine got pulled and I had some very good reasons and still do that my and others messages in the past were not private.I will always believe that things have happened that Paul did not know about.To believe different would leave me thinking less of Paul.People,including moderators have come and gone on the BOC and we do not know the reasons as we usually only hear one side or conflicting sides.The day that I lose faith in,do not trust or believe that Paul lies to me or any one else,I will be gone from the BOC.

I and we often forget that the BOC is a business and has to stay in business for us to have a BOC.I have thought about and been reminded of this several times and in several things that I have been displeased and disagreed about.I and you have agreed to go By the BOC rules whether I,you,or we like them or dislike them.I do not know what it takes to do it better,how to do it better,nor do I think that I can do it better,so I accept it.I do not have to participate in the BOC.I choose to.

If one is not use to keeping their agreements,I can see where one would be offended here.I am not saying or judging right,wrong,acceptable or non acceptable.That was left to each of us to decide when we joined the BOC.I read the rules and accepted them to join.The way that I read the rules is that they can do what ever they want to.

I never disagree unless I think that I am right.Neither do most of you.This does not mean that I,you,we or they are right or wrong when we do.

I consider the BOC a Dictatorship that I am a volunteer in.I accept the fact that I do not have to be a member,but once I do agree,I accept it,EXCEPT when I forget.I forget,I am reminded.Yea they do.To me of all people.Yep,I thought and still think that they were wrong.I most likely will next time too!

Remember.We all agreed to this!

I go all over the world on my computer.I like the BOC the best of any site that I have found.I ever find a better site with better people,I will go there too.I am here because I want to be and Paul wants me to be.Either of us don't want this,I am gone.He don't tell me what I am going to do off his site,and I don't tell him what he is going to do on it.I may ask or tell him what I think,but this is HIS home and we are invited guest when we are on here.He or we can terminate it instantly.No if,ands,buts,or questions is the right of either.I am menially and physically retarded when on my non narcotic medicines and never was smart to start with.This is not a hard thing to figure out.

Paul is a Military Man and runs this in a military manner without the interference of us politicians.I believe this is why it has been so successful.He don't have to,so he don't take our crap.That is what the moderators are for.Some I have thought deserve us at times,others I thought did not.Perfect?Can't be.Works.YES!

Thanks to all of you who keeps the BOC going.We all are the BOC.

Message to everyone.When I disagree with you.I think that I am right and that you are wrong.This is why I do not get offended when you disagree with me.I just think that the reason that you disagree with me is that you do not know that you are wrong.Isn't this what most of you are thinking when I disagree with you?

Now I am not going to get into the hard headed,stubborn,ignorant,uneducated,dumb and stupid political party members on here as they are beyond me.NOTICE! I used the descriptive terms that I have heard party members use to describe each other in my life time.Just think how it would be if they were running it!WHAT BOC?They would still be discussing it and holding polls.WE GOT THE BOC Paul's way!

No,I have never met Paul.I hope to one day.And yes,I would tell Paul where to go and what to kiss as quick as I would or would not any other man.I expect the same and believe that I would receive the same from him.If I did not,I would have no use for him or the BOC.I believe that the BOC is for the good of all,not a social club for sycophants.Yes,I do believe we have some.That is one reason why I love the BOC.I ain't the only Jackass on here.I have plenty of company.

I love you Brothers ans Sisters.peewee

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would somewhat have to dissagree with this statement said by multiple people. The BOC is not a business to me it is a place to go and find out hopefully gainfull ways to catch bigger fish and talk to people that Ive never met. That being said this is only a business if its made into a business. If Paul wants to make it to his "employment" which it seems like he is doing then I dont have any sour grapes about that. I think to myself why did I think of something like this LOL.

There are filters on the site from mentioning the word p aylakes or something of that sort. Most here dont like them and dont want them mentioned so they are filtered the same goes for other sites that are "like" this but want bigger membership to boost.

I belong to various sites but I spend maybe 5 minutes combined on all of the other ones cause they are not as good IMHO, there are hardly any posts that I havnt already read here. Im pretty much signed in here 24/7 and will be getting my star next payday. So in a sense if Im helping out Paul with that then Im all for it.

16. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I think of and believe the BOC to be a business because it has to be run like and be a successful business to pay the bills and therefore keep the BOC going.If the BOC has any "benefactors"who pays all of the bills,I have never heard of such.This is the way I think of it,but I do not have much "Business savvy".I have never even thought of the "employment" you mentioned.I know that it is open for contributions to help keep it going and that I have been of very little to almost no help in that department.I don't see where I will ever be able to do much to help the BOC financially.I really wish that I could.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

17. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thats the words I couldn't spell at that moment.LOL:smile2:

18. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Ok, gonna give mine. I've been accused of being opinionated. Why not live up to the rep?

I agree with PeeWee and Cheryl that this IS Paul's playground. He gets to make the rules. So far, these rules have made it a nice playground to play in. Weather or not I like them is of no matter.
    I think that there are some wonderful sites out there that some of us belong to that have great stuff to offer. They are run by good people, like Paul. They have thier own rules, too. In fact, some of them have some of the same sponsors. Here, i'm not talking about competition. Im talking about other emphasis with one common denominator, fishing.
    I have not been privy to some of the "competition" or as has been posted before, the ones that would like to see the BOC fail. It's too bad that there is always an ugly side. Thank goodness, I don't have to know about it.

All that said, I do agree to the rules to play in Paul's playground. If I decide I don't like the rules, I'll take my ball (keyboard) and go home or to another playground. I like it here. I think they try to keep it fair and keep it clean. I'm not afraid for my children to pop this one up. I can say it's not the only one I feel that way about. This IS the only one I've enjoyed typing about WHATever I felt like within reason.

The BIGGEST thing I disagree with is the censorship of PM's, without notice. I understand the reason why, as explained by Paul. "It's a filter". It does leave me dubious about what/who the filters might be.

Ok. How to make it to my advantage.

I've noticed that you can include your AIM, ICQ, Yahoo or several other messenger type addresses in your profile. There folks, is how you beat it.
    I haven't used mine in AGES. But, as of today, I will have mine listed in case someone wants to share some good info that is not allowable through the BOC filters, or if they just want the hall monitors excluded in my conversation.

I can assure you that I'm not out to harm the BOC in ANY way! I like it here. I will play by the rules.

19. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    You my friend are AWESOME!!! there's trueth in your words.:cool2:

20. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'm just happy to be treated like a normal person. that is unusual for me and it makes me happy!!there are things no one has to know about me you can't see me you can't hear me and here and only here am I a normal person. the truth is I'm a paranoid sckitzophanic with bipolar disorder and adult adhd. every one treats me good here and I'm just glad to be here. I hope this post doesn't change this fact. it is what it is and nothing else. I hope no one sees me any differently. I guess what I'm trying to say is we all need more money /big brother's always been there and will always be there. we all love the brotherhood/B.O.C. why go where we don't have to go?why take it there?? With love and respect to one and all I'm done with this thread... OK back to shad info...LOL:big_smile: