private lake laws

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by mactheaxe, Oct 16, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    can anyone tell me the laws on a privately owned lake? or a community lake? ie you got property on a lake everyone else has too? the one im interested in is do you have to have a license to fish it? a friend and i got to talkin and its somethin im not quite sure about. i went on the ga wildlife site and they said you didnt need one in a pond. is that th same thing?

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    out here in Ca... we have Pay lakes.... and they advertize that you do not need a license.... just a permit to fish for the day on their lake.... so that superseeds any nees from the state.... I thinks

thght lines.... bayrunner ray

3. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey jason i live in ga and down at lake seminole. there are a lot of independent lakes that are surronded by homes and they dont have to have a lisence but you have to know someone to fish there. dnr does not monitor unless called for trouble.

4. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    the dnr said the only one that doesn't have to have license is the one who own's it or other wise you have to have them it states it in the regulations under private lands law and also you can call dnr and they will tell you the game warden got rights to come on anybodies land that they feel suspicious of its better off to pay a few bucks for license than get caught and pay a hefty fine or spend time in jail

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    a private lake requires no licence.just permission from owner.dnr has no say period over it.unless your gonna sell fish from it you need a state permit.owner sets limits and rules for the lake.