Print on site gone miniscule

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bill in SC, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Last night as I was surfin' the BOC, the page blinked and my print went REAL small. It's like the whole site has jumped to VERY FINE print. This is the only site I am getting this. I looked to see if I had inadvertently changed any settings, but everything looks OK. I was hoping when I woke up this morning it would be back to normal, but it's still VERY small. Any ideas what's going on? My eyesight ain't waht it used to be, and the site instantly became very hard to see and navigate.

Bill in SC

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Saw one post that way yesterday but no others. Good luck firuring yours out.

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I just figure that the BOC has a newly endorsed Catfish1.com genuine magnifying glass on sale over at the BOC Store! :tounge_out::smile2:

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i think that there is a button on the keybord that will do that dont know but i think my kid hit it one day couldnt tell you witch one if thats it.:confused2:

5. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    No software/forum setting changes have been made.

You will need to check/modify your browser set up. Consult the help file for your browser software for "text size".

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <You will need to check/modify your browser set up. Consult the help file for your browser software for "text size".>

I DID go into my browser settings, but they are normal. The BOC is the ONLY site that went haywire for me. All other web sites, e-mail, etc. is perfectly normal. I feel there is a glitch somewhere. Hope it rectifies itself. :confused2: bluejay said he saw one post like that yesterday, so that tells me that it is not in my operating system.

BB in SC

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Bill, I think it was one of your post that it did it on for me. Ya got gremilins on your puter!! I thought it was just you. All others were normal.

8. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Try holding Cntrl and rolling your mouse wheel.That changes the size of the print on pages you view.I dunno if it would only do it on 1 certain page but it may be possible.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I have experienced the same thing. Also the post counter sometimes does not accuratley count your post. Makes you wonder :confused2:

10. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I saw a page the other day that got wider. I had to scroll back and forth to see everything. When I changed pages, everything was back to normal.

Also, sometimes it will get stuck on the next to the last page and I have to either log out and log back on or make a post to get it to change. That happened last night and it was not just me. Another member had the same problem with the same page at the same time.

And sometimes it takes 15 to 20 seconds for a page to change.

11. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I ain't havin' no trouble like that. :wink:

12. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    MAYBE YOU NEED GLASSES BILL. LOL

13. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    im sher thear is a seting for the text bill on this new puter its small and on my old one its big

14. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Bill are other things changed as well as BOC?
    Is so call me later and I can talk you through changing your font size and check your resolution settings.
    All can be found in Control Panel/display.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Try holding Cntrl and rolling your mouse wheel.That changes the size of the print on pages you view.>

Eureka!!! THAT solved my dilemma! I guess while typing yesterday, I musta accidentally did something. The ctrl and the wheel deal straightened it right up! reps out to ya!!!

Bill in SC