Prices of Hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Mudcatrick, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Mudcatrick

Mudcatrick New Member

State:
    LA
    Oh my word, has any one got a idea on hooks i went to bass pro shop and bought 1 package of stainless steel #5 and they were 30 bucks for 100 hooks. After the other things i picked up the total was 80 bucks, my 1 sack that did not look any bigger than a sandwich bag.......lol. Is it me or is someone taking advantage of my love of fishing.....lol

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Not gettin stainless would have saved ya a ton of money. However, if stainless is what ya need then ya gotta do it. Fishin alot of salt water? If not it may be a bit over kill.

3. Mudcatrick

Mudcatrick New Member

State:
    LA
    i have used other hooks but they rust and lose there point so quick it seems and a buddy said to try them

4. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I buy Sea Guard hooks for around 8.00 for 50..

5. Mudcatrick

Mudcatrick New Member

State:
    LA
    Does they rust after a few uses, i am going to put them on jug lines and troutlines

6. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    i havant had a gamma hook rust yet,hell i loose them before they get a chance to rust.thats why your supposed to use wd-40 on yur bait,to keep stuff from rust'in!:big_smile:

7. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i use the truturns and they did not rust on me all winter. But i pull all lines and dry everything after every trip.

8. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    stainless prices are out the roof right now. We use alot of it where I work.

9. WildWillie

WildWillie Member

State:
    Rockport, TX
    Check out this site. http://www.boatcycle.com/ They are in Henderson, TX. Not sure, but with shipping their stuff may be as high or higher.

Will